UK Grand Championship, 29-30 May, Birmingham

By Grumbleduke, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

The UK Grand Championship will be at the UK Games Expo again this year, tickets on sale now:

• 4 rounds of swiss starting 9am (registration opens 8am), Friday 29 May ,
  • Top 4 or 8 cut, either swiss or single elimination (conflicting announcements), Saturday 30 May ,
  • Venue: UK Games Expo, NEC Birmingham - You need a ticket for the Expo as well as a ticket for the tournament.

Announcement Page,

Tournament Tickets page ; tickets for £18, capped at 64

Expo Tickets page ; Adult tickets are £15 for one day, £27 for two, £35 for all three days. Tickets can be purchased at the event or pre-ordered. If you play in the cut you will need a ticket for Saturday as well.

Facebook event page ; says Armada is happening on Saturday-Sunday but that's almost certainly a mistake.

Hopefully Starhawks will have arrived by then.

According to the announcement page, the prize kit contains:

• 1 trophy
  • 4 invites to Worlds (Top 4)
  • 8 damage decks (either Top 8 or Top 4 by faction?)
  • 10 range rulers (maybe Top 4, with two each and one pair for the TO?)
  • 20 acrylic tokens (this looks suspiciously Top 4 as well, maybe command tokens, or raid tokens if they're being fancy?)
  • 18 plastic cards (maybe Top 8, with 2 each and another pair for the TO)
  • 342 promo cards (something like 1 for Top 16, 2 for Top 32, 2 for top 64, 1 for top 128? I think that works)

But this is an FFG prize kit, so who knows what it will actually contain...

That's a fairly likely break down except it's more likely 4 cards for top 64 since its limited to 64. Pity there is no chance of me taking that weekend off.

UK Games Expo is now happening Friday 21 to Sunday 23 August .

Combine that FFG cancelling Organised Play until at least June and it looks like the UK Grand Championship will now be happening in August. I haven't seen anything official from Asmodee yet, but the UKGE website is still listing Armada as happening.

Of course, we may get close to August and find it needs to be postponed again. I'll edit the topic once we get confirmation the tournament is still scheduled.

I guess I got my wish; Starhawks got here in time...

Edited by Grumbleduke