Moth Clan resources?

By albumuth, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Yume-do is going to be a major component of the campaign I'm going to be starting soon, so I wanted to include the Moth Clan. I'm only finding minimal information on them, however, so I was hoping someone could point me towards a good source. I'm running 5th, but I'll take info from any edition. Thanks.

The Moth clan does seem to be a 5th Edition thing, at least it is not among the minor clans in the book The Way of the Minor Clans or in Secrets of the Empire. The latter book does describe Yume-Do, however, and Yumeji, the ability to control dreams. So that may be a starting point, even if it is only 5 pages.

The Moth clan is indeed a 5th edition creation.

A bit of - vaguely useful - description might be found in The Knotted Tails adventure you can download from FFG's page. Obviously it features the Nezumi, but two major characters are a Nezumi 'dreamer' and his apprentice, and the abilities they're described as having, and the transcendants (sort of ancestor-spirit-in-dreams) might be good inspiration for similar Moth Clan related stuff.

There's a moth clan pendant mentioned which might be something to show - it reduces the difficulty of dreamdwelling (yumeji) techniques.

They are mentioned in Emerald Empire , but literally as just a throwaway:

"While interest in [yumeji] is growing, the most successful practitioners—the Dreamweavers of the Moth Clan’s Kaikoga family— have explored Yume-dō for centuries.
Concerningly, since this pastime has caught on, the veil between the dreamworld and Ningen-dō has begun to fray. Stories of dream-born yōkai once thought apocryphal, such as the long-trunked baku who either torment sleeping souls or fight off their nightmares, have multiplied fast, particularly stories of sinister baku escaping into the waking world to bedevil the innocent. These stories greatly trouble the Kaikoga, who may ultimately be the only ones with the ability to clean up the mess created by careless dabblers."

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

A bit of - vaguely useful - description might be found in The Knotted Tails adventure you can download from FFG's page. Obviously it features the Nezumi, but two major characters are a Nezumi 'dreamer' and his apprentice, and the abilities they're described as having, and the transcendants (sort of ancestor-spirit-in-dreams) might be good inspiration for similar Moth Clan related stuff.

There's a moth clan pendant mentioned which might be something to show - it reduces the difficulty of dreamdwelling (yumeji) techniques.

They are mentioned in Emerald Empire , but literally as just a throwaway:

"While interest in [yumeji] is growing, the most successful practitioners—the Dreamweavers of the Moth Clan’s Kaikoga family— have explored Yume-dō for centuries.
Concerningly, since this pastime has caught on, the veil between the dreamworld and Ningen-dō has begun to fray. Stories of dream-born yōkai once thought apocryphal, such as the long-trunked baku who either torment sleeping souls or fight off their nightmares, have multiplied fast, particularly stories of sinister baku escaping into the waking world to bedevil the innocent. These stories greatly trouble the Kaikoga, who may ultimately be the only ones with the ability to clean up the mess created by careless dabblers."

^ This

If you do not mind house-rules, since official rules regarding Yume-Do are sparse:

1) I designed the Baku mentioned above here .

2) Magnus Grendel designed some Yume-Do rules here .

Not to mention the Nekoma Ninja...

There is a Moth Clan character (who had married into the Hiruma) described in the adventure module "Mask of the Oni". There isn't a lot of detail provided about her or her birth-clan (just enough for the purposes of the module) but it's probably one of the relatively few places anything has been written down about them (so far).

Oh - Hiruma Masami is former Kaikoga? I missed that. It does make sense, given what she does.... That's probably her pendant in the Knotted Tails village, then.

There's also a T-shirt design called Moth Messengers, that we know nothing else about.

Is there a mention of the Moth Clan colors?