Favorite Scum Wing?

By BenDay, in X-Wing Epic Play

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of picking up some more scum ships, pre epic I usually collected two of each ship. But now it seems wings are the thing. I already have bunches of Ys and Zs. what is your favorite scum wing?

Serisuu as Wing Leader, then three Spacers or Vets (depending on points), each equipped with some mix of cannons. Usually Serisuu has Tractor, and then there's at least one and usually two Ion, and the final generic will have either an Ion or an Autoblaster, depending on points - and I'll usually find the points for an Ion Cannon. Generally, if I have points, I'll get Afterburners on Serisuu as well.

But. I really want to get a phatGuri/Assassins Wing in play. I have six of the magnificent bastards.

Yeah, I am really curious about a star viper wing. I have proxied a m3a interceptor wing with HLCs, and found them good at jousting huge ships, but lots of stuff can do that.

Serissu (41)
Swarm Tactics (4)
Jamming Beam (0)
Veteran Wing Leader (2)

Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 2

Genesis Red (31)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
Dreadnought Hunter (6)

Ship total: 41 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 2

Tansarii Point Veteran (29)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)

Ship total: 33 Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Tansarii Point Veteran (29)
Swarm Tactics (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (5)

Ship total: 37 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 2

Cartel Spacer (25)
Heavy Laser Cannon (5)

Ship total: 30 Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2

Cartel Spacer (25)
Tractor Beam (3)

Ship total: 28 Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2

Total: 216

Mainly a huge ship hunting wing. The tractor beam is there for wing-vs-wing fights, Serissu can swarm tactic it to shoot first, tractor wing leader to break the wing, then focus fire the leader to death so it can't reform.

Against huge ships you chain the swarm tactics, use jamming beam to strip tokens(especially reinforce), and shoot both HLCs before Genesis Red, to strip shields, so he has a chance to slam some precision shots home.

Autoblasters go in the front row, HLCs in the back row.

My wings are never that diverse. How does it compare to 5x Ys with torpedoes (plasma and proton) it would be similar points and the Ys but have less red dice, y’s are effectively 20 red dice at range 3, though you are possibly going to fire your first shots at range 2 if the huge ship target is on its toes