More Generics of Villains

By thinkbomb, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Minor thing that slightly irked me was they didn't leverage the concept of generic villains for figures beyond the Dewback Rider. (obviously more campaign focused, but you get the idea)

I've kinda mulled it over here and there, but never really pushed it into a design I liked.

So ...

Let's chat it up. Maybe we can come up with ideas? I'll list the villain packs below (listed in the order of the wiki) and maybe we can chat up potential generic variants.

• Darth Vader - probably better not make a generic of this one
  • General Weiss - ATST exists
  • Royal Guard Champion - maybe ?
  • Kayn Somos - Storm trooper sergeant potential
  • General Sorin - ground general potential
  • Agent Blaise - maybe ?
  • The Grand Inquisitor - generic inquisitor ?
  • Captain Terro - Dewback rider esists
  • BT-1 - maybe not
  • 0-0-0 - maybe not, unless there's a 1-2 point protocol droid that isn't a murder bot
  • Emperor Palpatine - only I can think of is a sith cultist
  • Thrawn - Generic admiral ?
  • IG-88 - generic IG series droid
  • Boba Fett - Guild hunter mandalore
  • Dengar - ... ?
  • Bossk - Trandoshan captain ?
  • Greedo - ... ?
  • Jabba the Hutt - generic hutt ?
  • Maul - ... no idea
  • Hondo Ohnaka - weequay support officer ?

I'll leave brain storming below...

regarding the possible ideas (that never really took root)

• Kayn Somos: end of turn is able to become stunned (or he has to spend an action) and activate another trooper group immediately after himself
  • Boba Fett - just general mandalorian hijinks. Making this one always follow the rules of Inquisitor's agenda card (declare a hero, only can attack that hero, withdraws when the hero is defeated) could be interesting?
  • generic IG - maybe take his raw card and make it more clunky?
  • either sorin or blaise: figures within X spaces may re-roll 1 of their own dice
10 hours ago, thinkbomb said:
  • Royal Guard Champion - … guard apprentice ?
  • Agent Blaise - scout commander?
  • BT-1 - ... imperial astromech droid?
  • 0-0-0 - imperial protocol droid?
  • Dengar - ... heavy weapons scum unit?
  • Greedo - ... generic rodian smuggler/leader?
  • Maul - ... generic dathomirian brother?

Added my thoughts above

16 hours ago, Majushi said:

Added my thoughts above

very smart idea with maul! I like that.

Royal Guard Champion should've been the generic one. The named villain should be Carnor Jax.

I mean... many of those models you named ARE already a named versions of generic units.

Thrawn - imperial officer
Bossk - trandoshans
Greedo - Hired Guns
Royal Guard Champion - Royal Guards
Kayn Somos - stormtroopers
Blaise - ISB infiltrators

8 hours ago, Voitek said:

I mean... many of those models you named ARE already a named versions of generic units.

Thrawn - imperial officer
Bossk - trandoshans
Greedo - Hired Guns
Royal Guard Champion - Royal Guards
Kayn Somos - stormtroopers
Blaise - ISB infiltrators

a) you ain't wrong

b) I also just want to get more use out of the figures themselves (given the restrictions and hurdles the empire has to go through in order to unlock villains)

19 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Royal Guard Champion should've been the generic one. The named villain should be Carnor Jax.

100% agree ... real question is do I make a lesser version and call that one the champion and keep Carnor Jax as the raw design ... or create a stupid-broken-powered ultra RGC. XD

21 hours ago, thinkbomb said:

100% agree ... real question is do I make a lesser version and call that one the champion and keep Carnor Jax as the raw design ... or create a stupid-broken-powered ultra RGC. XD

Considering how already powerful and expensive RGC is, I'd rename that one Carnor and then make a slightly faster/souped up version of the Royal Guards for the RGC. Something that could sit around six to eight threat for a regular unit would be good, since the regular RGs are already at 8 for a two figure deployment.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, subtrendy2 said:

Royal Guard Champion should've been the generic one. The named villain should be Carnor Jax

I disagree, the named villain should have been Kir Kanos

On 1/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, ArcticJedi said:

I disagree, the named villain should have been Kir Kanos

Haha, guess it depends on when it takes place, but that's good too!