Engineering chart

By Jawa4thewin, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Hello!

So there is a chart in the engineer book for what you can use advantage and such for with mechanics checks. One such choice is two advantage to give the item one more boost die if that is what you are attempting or remove one more set back die.

I have seen this used in an online game ALOT when doing mods like balanced hilt, custom grip, etc.... Does two advantage for a permanent extra boost or remove a setback die seem over powered to anyone else or is it just me?

My understanding is that it can't be used on items like Balanced Hilt or Custom Grip because it only applies to Items (i.e. Medpac).

In the case of Balanced Hilt, it technically doesn't add a Boost. It has the weapon quality Accurate, which adds a Boost. With Custom Grip, it is more sketchy, though I would still rule that it doesn't apply.

It really depends on the GM. If there isn't too many setback die being used, then extra boost die are useful. If the GM uses the setback die for every check, then removing the die on top of the talents become much more valuable.