Points update - Hardpoint discounts

By Parakitor, in X-Wing Epic Play

Good news! All the hardpoints went down in cost!

Ion Cannon Battery - 5

Ordnance Tubes - 1

Point-Defense Battery - 9

Targeting Battery - 6

Turbolaser Battery - 13

Turbolasers are still expensive, but it's a step in the right direction.

I’m pleased we huge ship epic battles players are being thought of in these points up dates! Glad to see also the Raider discount to 146 points. Also some FAQs already. Thank you FFG!

Waitasec... why... Is that... can it be?

Snap Shot, an EPT, costs 12 points to be equipped to a Huge Ship. There's also PS Epic (7 and eight)for the epts of Squad Leader and Swarm tactics.

Are we getting another huge ship... with EPT slots?

Maybe a Commander?

9 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Waitasec... why... Is that... can it be?

Snap Shot, an EPT, costs 12 points to be equipped to a Huge Ship. There's also PS Epic (7 and eight)for the epts of Squad Leader and Swarm tactics.

Are we getting another huge ship... with EPT slots?

For now, it's just for the sake of consistency, I guess.

10 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Maybe a Commander [grants a talent slot]?

That's a neat idea! Man, I can't wait to see what else they have in store for Epic!

Rules have been updated for Epic! FAQ included.

If you are a ship that is an objective and you dock, you count as fleeing for the objective purposes. So, you count as being destroyed for objective points purposes.

If a Wing Leader like Turr Phennir moves outside of movement, the Wing stays there....until the next movement phase! They snap back into place! Crazy.

As for the points changes....its not that big a deal. A few points drop in items.

43 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Rules have been updated for Epic! FAQ included.

If you are a ship that is an objective and you dock, you count as fleeing for the objective purposes. So, you count as being destroyed for objective points purposes.

If a Wing Leader like Turr Phennir moves outside of movement, the Wing stays there....until the next movement phase! They snap back into place! Crazy.

As for the points changes....its not that big a deal. A few points drop in items.

Woah.

Hang on, let me sit down first.

WOAH! That rule about fleeing if docked while holding an objective is very welcome. That Turr Phennir bit is... I'll just say you better keep good track of those wing cards because it will be easy for your opponent to forget who is and who isn't still in the wing.

I actually kinda like that Turr Phennir ruling. Time to make a squad...

Edited by Parakitor