It's up to us to keep the flame alive

By TheEldarGuy, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Hi people,

Sounds corny, but isn't that real Star Wars?

It's up to us to keep this alive, I think FFG would be smart if they've placed the game to the side to see what we do. If we keep posting vids of games and campaigns (especially campaigns) I think there'll eventually be some love back at us.

This is a great game and deserves to be played. It's rare when a game like this is around; even if they shut down the whole site, I hope there's enough supporting members that will be there to start IA Forum pt2 (hopefully not required).

I can say with all strength: wherever A1bert goes, I'll follow. I might even support a patreon page to keep him on a 24x7 Imperial Assault Support Hotline.

And that scout trooper scene was what I'd expect from something directed by Taika Waititi.

Man, super bummed out to hear all the bad FFG news this week.

I may disagree wholeheartedly with the direction they've been taking things lately, but I obviously wish no ill will toward the people who work there.

Here's to hoping all that talent finds another good place to be.

Man, cheers to that!

There's already a kinda area where us Plastic Crack Addicts of IA congregate, on the Zion's Finest Slack. If you guys aren't already on there I wholeheartedly suggest it. The community is great and it talks about stuff besides IA, and we routinely run BOTC(Blood On The Clock Tower) games. It's an easy way to get games of skirmish on vassal.

I really hope that the games they decided not to kill are still going to be great even with all those people leaving.

Wow. I guess this lays bare some of the "business reasons" they had for shutting down IA. There are bigger things happening here than just the sales numbers for this one game. Between FFI and the layoffs for the RPG staff it seems like they are getting out of the "campaign/story in a box" model completely and going almost all in on wargaming, skirmish games, and card games. Guess this means we can forget about seeing a Gloomhaven style board game in the Star Wars universe anytime soon.

Does this mean that Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition is also kaput? And that Journeys in Middle Earth is not getting any app updates or major expansions? I was just thinking of getting into those.

37 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Does this mean that Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition is also kaput? And that Journeys in Middle Earth is not getting any app updates or major expansions? I was just thinking of getting into those.

I believe that the app content for IA and all of MoM2 was NOT handled by FFI.

What is this bad news? I hadn't seen anything about IA in the news feed. Did I miss something?

28 minutes ago, Rikalonius said:

What is this bad news? I hadn't seen anything about IA in the news feed. Did I miss something?

Layoffs at FFG, mainly RPG department i think.

3 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

In the LOTA forum @Master Wang said one article stated they were reallocating staff including programmers. If that's the case they maybe dedicating the remaining app developers to specific games rather than having them under one central department.

Master Wang, do you happen to have a link to the article?

EDIT: also, they've announced the announcement date for the next JIME box, so we'll see what happens on the 28th.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

The FFI staff being laid off only worked on the LotR LCG Computer Game.

The creators of IA app, the Descent app and JiME app are Asmodee Digital.

The apps we love are unaffected (for now)

Ill keep working on the Character Tracker App 2.0

and i will continue you to play campaigns. experimenting working in some RP sessions at the rebel upgrade stage. making vendors, secrets and ways to find side mission cards

Yeah, they shut down the RPG and FFI completely but also cut lose a lot from other departments as well including the sales support staff. If they aren't going to do physical products or even reprints, don't expect anything new digitally. I wouldn't be surprise if they shut down Mansions of Madness as well. I doubt anything marginally successful will continue, only the highly profitable products. The holding company is going to want really good numbers so they can sell it off at a profit, so only the great sellers. Even if they do shut down Mansions, they did put out a good amount of content for that game. Of course more scenarios is great for the gamer but I don't think they make any real money on those apps. The best we can hope for is all of this is sold off quickly to someone who actually wants to run a gaming company and actually wants to make and sell games.