When is the new points update happening

By thebigeb2589, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Title says it all

Thursday

When do they change in the official app?

I would expect to see the changes within 24 - 48 hours. There's a lot of Hyperspace surgery FFG has to do, in addition to all the points changes. This was a pretty sweeping alteration.

I thought the new points and rules documents aren't official until the 20th of January?

2 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I thought the new points and rules documents aren't official until the 20th of January?

Good point. That is probably the case.

7 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Where did you see that

7 hours ago, thebigeb2589 said:

Where did you see that

Reddit X-wing sub I think. Either way these sorts of changes do not usually instantly go into effect. Players need to be given time to know there are changes and to learn what they are.

I also point out the files posted are titled with "upcoming" (as of Jan. 11th early in the morning) and the squad-builder still has the old points and the old points lists are still up. Last change the squad-builder did not change until the official date for the changes .

I think I am incorrect on the 20th. I just downloaded the new rules reference. The first page says it is effective on the 15th.

Where are these lists being posted? I google 'X-wing second edition point lists 2020' but I'm just not seeing anything anywhere!

1 minute ago, Zero8855 said:

Where are these lists being posted? I google 'X-wing second edition point lists 2020' but I'm just not seeing anything anywhere!

See here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Scroll down to the bottom for the "Support" header.

Thanks.
(Still surprised why there's no search result that easily takes one to them).

Well, I waited until now to update to 2.0. And after making lists on the app for about a week, now the points have changed, which is fine, except for this app thing not updating. (which hopefully does some time this next week). Come on FFg, don't make my hatred for games using apps any worse. Especially after searching for Targeting Computer upgrade cards for over an hour. Which after looking through the list of cards that come with the base game/Empire/Rebel/ upgrade kits, I realized I don't own. :(
So far, this is a very difficult game to get to the table.

Looks like they are not updating the app with new points ... :(

I believe in the past that it has been updated towards the end of the business day. So I would expect if it is going to happen it will be later today Central Time. Forgot today is a holiday, they may not be at work today.

Edited by librarian101
date

No update yet. Trying to run a tournament Saturday and most people have 3rd party squad builders like YASB and LaunchBayNext that already have the new points.

According to the FFG twitch account, the update will be on the 27th, once the Las Vegas Open is done.

makes perfect sense, even though frustrating to wait for that long

Looks like its updated now

Not just that but I just put Kaz's Fireball title on the Resistance Falcon ;)

And they did not advance the revision number nor update the patch notes. But it seems to be updated.

I have an issue with points total adding differently in the squad list view and the squad building view. Posted it in the bug thread.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:43 AM, LUZ_TAK said:

I have an issue with points total adding differently in the squad list view and the squad building view. Posted it in the bug thread.

That's not a bug, they're supporting BOTH the old points and the new! 😝