Frenzy & all out attack

By m0ebius, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi guys a couple of things:

When in frenzy it is stated that you have to do all out attack if possible that means that while frenzied

1- No multi attacks (as all out attack is a full round action and multi attack is a different full round action)

2- As a all out attack is done no dodges either even though dodging is in theory allowed while frenzied.

How do you treat this? I personally would treat all out attack not as a full action but as an attack mode so whenever u attack in melee you can

a) get +20 to hit but no reactions for the round

b) get -10 to hit but +10 to dodge or parry

c) attack normally

What do you think?

Moebius said:

Hi guys a couple of things:

When in frenzy it is stated that you have to do all out attack if possible that means that while frenzied

1- No multi attacks (as all out attack is a full round action and multi attack is a different full round action)

2- As a all out attack is done no dodges either even though dodging is in theory allowed while frenzied.

How do you treat this? I personally would treat all out attack not as a full action but as an attack mode so whenever u attack in melee you can

You're required to All-Out Attack whenever possible. If you're not within reach of an enemy, then an All-Out Attack isn't possible. If you've moved (and thus only have a half action left), an All-Out Attack isn't possible... in both those situations, you get to pick which actions you want to do. As you're not performing an All-Out Attack, you're still able to Dodge when you come under attack (or parry, if you have Battle Rage and have not yet been in combat long enough to let you perform an All-Out Attack).

No, you can't perform multiple attacks in the usual way - but then, not every talent is equally useful for everyone, so I don't see a problem here. However, characters inclined towards All-Out Attacks (such as those who fight in a frenzied state) benefit more from Furious Assault (when you hit with an All-Out Attack, you can spend your Reaction to make another attack with the same modifiers; as you're unable to dodge or parry after making an All-Out Attack, there's no point in not spending your Reaction to make this extra attack) than from Swift Attack or Lightning Attack.