New Expansion Announcement on 1/28/19

By Otakuon, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Per the recent news article , FFG will announce a new expansion for Journey's in Middle-Earth on January 28th. Wonder if it will be just a new campaign DLC for the app, a small box physical expansion like last time, or a new, bigger box expansion. At least we know the product line isn't totally dead now.

It will most likely be a big-box expansion.

Edited by pixcalcis

It's going to be a bigger box expansion, and it's called "Shadowed Paths." One Canadian store already has it listed on their site for pre-order.

65 bucks or 60 EUR 😞

I hope they release any associated figure packs concurrently with the big box.

22 minutes ago, TalisDiorn said:

I hope they release any associated figure packs concurrently with the big box.

I'm going to bet they will have a boss figure pack just like they did with the base game.

I’m excited; I love this game, so a chunky expansion will be cool. I’m hoping for forest critters or giant spiders.

Edited by joewrightgm
On 1/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, Thaeggan said:

I'm going to bet they will have a boss figure pack just like they did with the base game.

As do I, but in the case of the base game the figure pack came out later.

i'm still pissed that you cant get the english version in Austria. :( got the core box but never managed to get the figure addon :(

I saw somewhere a retailer was claiming the box expansion will have 5 heroes, including Gandalf and Arwen.

No idea if it's legit, but super excited.

Jan 28th can't come around fast enough for me!

Super excited here too. My family and I have played both quests twice so far (we also spend a lot of time on Descent RTL, Mansions of Madness, Gloomhaven, et al). When I texted them the expansion announcement last week they were totally thrilled. I pre-ordered this game with the player mats + the game mat, and since day one everybody knows that once Gandalf is released, nobody is allowed to play him but me. Lol.

Edited by doubletapdaddy