Vaapad Control

By bblaney001, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

On 1/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

I currently play only by post on these forums. And I have never used Niman, and never will either. But, in all of the games I’ve played here, we only had one Niman user in the party, and he didn’t get into much, if any, lightsaber combat, and that game didn’t even get past the first session.

I’m sorry but the fact that you bring out the line about the Niman disciple not doing much in combat and then bring out that the campaign never got past the first session? Depending on circumstances there are tons of reasons besides him being a miman user that could have resulted in him not fighting.

p.s. Sorry if this resurrects the thread in the wrong way but I didn’t want to leave this unsaid.

Edited by Rean411
Spelling
13 hours ago, Rean411 said:

I’m sorry but the fact that you bring out the line about the Niman disciple not doing much in combat and then bring out that the campaign never got past the first session? Depending on circumstances there are tons of reasons besides him being a miman user that could have resulted in him not fighting.

p.s. Sorry if this resurrects the thread in the wrong way but I didn’t want to leave this unsaid.

I believe I played the one niman-disciple user, the build was extremely potent particular with the move power which let me outsmart sneak past the inquisitor and his overwhelming task force, stole his shuttle out from his nose after he sensed one of the other force users present by puppeting scout troopers to fake hurl debris and fake force leap them away. In terms of lightsaber combat, didn't get the opportunity, but it's not the first niman-disciple I've played, another one was a warrior: Steelers adept/niman disciple. With just lightsaber the character could out damage everyone in the party except the ataru striker, and thanks to unmatched ferocity could have play rocket tag with the ataru striker once or twice a session if it ever came down to that (it didn't).

But if you through the jedi career and peerless interception signature ability in the mix, jedi:knight/niman-disciple is the best 2 spec lightsaber build in the game, from a mechanics view.... peerless interception is the only COUNTER to saberswarm/unmatched ferocity in the game, takes them out of the equation, the damage boost from draw closer helps you get past the per hit damage stopping ability of peerless interception.