Question

By Cyptor, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I just received some Armada sets as Christmas gifts. I was given 1 core set, 1 rogues and villains expansion, and one Victory-class Star destroyer. I want to have even battles, so what Rebel ship could I buy that would even out this extra Victory-class?

1 hour ago, Cyptor said:

I just received some Armada sets as Christmas gifts. I was given 1 core set, 1 rogues and villains expansion, and one Victory-class Star destroyer. I want to have even battles, so what Rebel ship could I buy that would even out this extra Victory-class?

Welcome to the game!

I would suggest an Assault Frigate. Many people don't like its aesthetic (I personally think it looks great), but it is the only medium ship available to the Rebellion, is fairly beefy and punchy, and more than capable of holding its own against a Victory. Given that the Neb-B and CR90 from the core set would be hard pressed to take out the core set's Victory in most games played by people new to the game, the Assault Frigate adds that extra edge necessary to face 2 at once.

If you are not interested in getting an Assault Frigate, then I think you would either have to get a couple more small ships (say another CR90 and Neb, or a GR75 and some squadron 1 packs), or an MC80 and something extra for the Empire to balance out the immense firepower (compared to a Victory) of a large rebel ship.

Thus, I think the Assault Frigate most efficiently balances out your setup, as it is only one purchase.

Thank you!

Another option is a mc30c and gr75. Granted thats 2 ships but it introduces some firepower to the rebels and some interesting upgrade cards as well