Sprite and spells

By jimmyfield, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hi all do a few questions !

1, what’s the point of the sentence for a sprite that says about 2 spells . Does it have any impact on the game ? Couldn’t find a faq for it so guessing it’s not an issue for most people !

2 can you cast healing on someone with full health ?

3 can you use fate to alter the result of the crown of command spell .

4. Is there a stack ?

so can I cast spells in response to cards that say you lose your spells ? So say with sprite ,

they cast lose spells

I cast spell

then gain a spell ?

i keep that spell ?

Baiscally I was sprite for the first time ever and my opponents kept trying to get me to lose my spells . Thank you guys !

Hi!

1, what’s the point of the sentence for a sprite that says about 2 spells . Does it have any impact on the game ? Couldn’t find a faq for it so guessing it’s not an issue for most people !

We'll yes.. Always having two spells is arguably the strongest spell ability in the game :) note that you are only allowed to cast one spell at an opponents turn and the number of spells you had at the start of your turn during your turn.

2 can you cast healing on someone with full health ?

Well.. No. I can no longer quote the rulebook of the top of my head but I remember it saying something about this somewhere.

3 can you use fate to alter the result of the crown of command spell .

Yes. Without doubt, yes.

4. Is there a stack ?

..a stack of what? 🙃

so can I cast spells in response to cards that say you lose your spells ? So say with sprite ,

they cast lose spells

I cast spell

then gain a spell ?

i keep that spell ?

Yes, if a spell (or adventure card etc) would tell the Sprite to loose all their spells the sprite would

(1 - if she wanted to, try to prevent it by casting counterspell etc)

2 - discard all her spells

3 - immediately draw two new spells

I hope this helps!