Warding and elusive.

By Tioestastopicao, in KeyForge

Hi, i have a doubt in the order of sucession of these two in a creatures fight.

If I attack a creature with elussion and a token of ward the rules say that first goes the damage evasion effects before armor so elusive and ward are in the same spot.

The question is, I need to attack a elusive creature with ward 3 times in the same turn to do damage to it or ward and elusion fades both in the first attack?

Im not using artifacts, action cards, assault creatures or before fight keywords in witch case ward fades.

Sorry in the spanish manual in the damage order is only 3 step not 4 like in the english version, is 1st elusive then ward then armor then damage.

According to the Timing Chart , when you're assigning damage, Elusive would go first (as it's an "effect that prevents damage"). If Elusive has been turned off (by a previous attack), then Ward will come into play. If there is no Ward token on a creature, it's armor is applied. If there is no armor remaining, the damage is applied to the creature.

So to do damage to a creature with both Elusive and Ward, you would need to attack it once to remove the Elusive, a second time to remove the ward, and a third time to go through the armor and deal damage to the creature.

Edited by blinkingline