Balance a custom hero Nightsister

By Ace_of_Spades, in Imperial Assault Campaign

16 hours ago, ArcticJedi said:

As far as I know, it's a no. But give others preference if they say something different.

also....

THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

To be clear. It was an existing miniature i found

The blade of the whip, some scaling and the new base is my only work there

Edited by Ace_of_Spades

I Love this. Do you have a lightwhip picture for the card instead of the two lightsabers?

Reward? Is there a reward card / mission for her or any ideas on one?

Great thematic hero.

I am confused though on what distribute means on Dark Heal card? How would it work?

Also, animal bond is poor mechanic because of the 'X/1.5 rounded up' calculation. Try something else simpler and concise. I would suggest to make it an action and 2 strain worth, flat. That way it's simple, straightforward, and thematically better related to your hero as she is a support/controller more than fighter..

I also like Novice dagger very much and would keep it included in the pack for certain. Does not need more dmg, it may come from conditions on units and sometimes you just need surges not dmg.

I think auto-bleed on 2xp Nightsister Initiate is perhaps too much. Perhaps it should cost 1 strain.

I think hero card design could be improved. Perhaps if you shared files I could try working on it a bit?

PS Did I already say it' great? Yeah, and we need more content like this!

Edited by Grruberr
On 3/8/2020 at 3:24 AM, JasonTheConner said:

I Love this. Do you have a lightwhip picture for the card instead of the two lightsabers?

you mean something like this?

d9YzOSN.png

xefefbk.jpg

On 3/8/2020 at 3:30 AM, JasonTheConner said:

Not done yet. I am playtesting her a lot to balance her out an update will comming soon.

And she is now painted 🙂 by my wife @BeiLin

aqZdvhM.jpg?1

The update as i promissed:

PSLCCbR.png

WAWGsnw.png

9ikx57K.png qY2bCJi.png ezMRKDc.png qQjm9eY.png kiIcZVk.png H22m4e0.png qhSabIX.png mgJMnHW.png LRA7Gmf.png

For those who dont want to let her control a rancor:

qhSabIX.png

And some notes on the changes:

She was quite weak on playtests... flexibile but weak. my group mentioned she is "they will not chose her ever again" bad...

So i tried to make her a bit stronger but not too much.

Prey on the weak: make the ability weapon dependent was a huge weaknes for her.

Shroud of mist. Hidden is a must.place the ability to become hidden on an xp card was a mistake

Enchant of Anger: mostly flavour reasons

Animal bond: I noticed wll that it i a complicated ability but @Grruberr comment pushed me over my doubts.

It is now simple. Wording surly not on @a1bert 's level but maybe enaough to understand.

I created a no rancor card as well but i think not letting her control a rancor is against the Flavour.

On Jabbas Palace it hits the Iperial player hard but to achive control she need to get Nightsister Initiate, Cybernatic arm and no strain at the start of her activation.

Thats a lot of condition

Edited by Ace_of_Spades
On 3/8/2020 at 3:30 AM, JasonTheConner said:

The reward mission idea is some kind of initation ceremony.

The reward card will connect to harmfull condition management.

Like change one harmfull condition to another. Or 1 +dmg for each harmfull condition in prey on the weak

Those are just ideas and i welcome wich you like more.

I think the changes to her main card help a lot! Before she seemed very weak to start off.

-Is the red die in "Enchantment of Anger" optional?

-I don't understand what "Dark Heal" is meant to do. My confusion comes from the phrase "distribute [damage] tokens ... from figures". I guess you mean "remove [damage] tokens"? If so this feels very underpowered.

-Most official heroes can gain health, a block, or and evade from their exp cards. She seems very frail at the moment.

-I like the idea of "Animal Bond" of course, but there are many missions where it would be either useless or gamebreaking. The imperial player will stop choosing any creatures in open groups, so it's down to if the mission happens to have one. I would suggest adding a second ability (+2 health?) so the card is useful even when there aren't creatures to control. To simplify things, I would suggest making it just 2 [strain] to perform an attack with any enemy creature. This means that the imperial player keeps their activation, and you can't force the creature to run away or block an important spot.

-"Lightwhip" feels weak to me for a 4xp weapon. I would suggest adding at least another blue die to the attack.

3 minutes ago, Gerontius said:

"Lightwhip" feels weak to me for a 4xp weapon. I would suggest adding at least another blue die to the attack.

What if the whip did a Strength test to add more damage to the target??

On 3/28/2020 at 2:50 PM, JasonTheConner said:

What if the whip did a Strength test to add more damage to the target??

Not a fan of that. I understand it is in a lot of games, but the attack should be the attack, factoring in all variable such as strength and skill. Rolling an attack to add to the attack add unnecessary bloat.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:44 PM, Gerontius said:

I think the changes to her main card help a lot! Before she seemed very weak to start off.

-Is the red die in "Enchantment of Anger" optional?

-I don't understand what "Dark Heal" is meant to do. My confusion comes from the phrase "distribute [damage] tokens ... from figures". I guess you mean "remove [damage] tokens"? If so this feels very underpowered.

-Most official heroes can gain health, a block, or and evade from their exp cards. She seems very frail at the moment.

-I like the idea of "Animal Bond" of course, but there are many missions where it would be either useless or gamebreaking. The imperial player will stop choosing any creatures in open groups, so it's down to if the mission happens to have one. I would suggest adding a second ability (+2 health?) so the card is useful even when there aren't creatures to control. To simplify things, I would suggest making it just 2 [strain] to perform an attack with any enemy creature. This means that the imperial player keeps their activation, and you can't force the creature to run away or block an important spot.

-"Lightwhip" feels weak to me for a 4xp weapon. I would suggest adding at least another blue die to the attack.

Sorry that it took too long to answer.

But better later than never 🙂

Red die is not optional. She makes you furious makes you angry. That not helps you in every situation.

Dark Heal Works like this ( @Grruberr also asked this) :

0qaBX3t.png

Vora Moves to a place where her teammates canot see her. Then use the darks side. (flavor text 🙂 )

So no ally has line of sight to her. She do an observation test and has 3 succes.

Then she removes 2 dmg tokens form Fen and 1 from Garkhan.

Than She place 3 dmg token on the officer who has no chance to evade this and now defeated.

I need to playtest your idea with the Animal Bond and Lightwhip Thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by Ace_of_Spades