2019 Christmas Upick (mafia)

By PodRacer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Anyway. No. @EbonHawk submitted DPtW. @FortyInRed got the role. He has since recruited Ebon. I am the good Time Traveller. @BiggsIRL is the bad one. And this game is hilarious! Thank you @PodRacer !

1 minute ago, Lord Preyer said:

This is wonderful.

I mean just pointing out the obvious haha. I've seen enough super hero movies to know that someone using their power to lull the locals into blind obedience rarely has their best interests at heart.

Just now, FortyInRed said:

I mean just pointing out the obvious haha. I've seen enough super hero movies to know that someone using their power to lull the locals into blind obedience rarely has their best interests at heart.

I mean, even if you win and we lose, to lose to such a high quality, high humour bluff is to lose to a truly wonderful gambit and I shall commend you sir even as I urge the denizens of this TimeLine to fight the Dark Future you proffer.

Hey @FortyInRed do you have another role beyond roleblocking? Or is that the only one you have?

12 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Anyway. No. @EbonHawk submitted DPtW. @FortyInRed got the role. He has since recruited Ebon. I am the good Time Traveller. @BiggsIRL is the bad one. And this game is hilarious! Thank you @PodRacer !

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support this?

If we do trust our eyes (which can deceive us), then we see that you are indeed powerful (as the Emperor has foreseen).

Is it that inconceivable that you would "kill" Caldias, only to "revive" him later?

For all we know, you have some secret Lazarus power that lets you kill a player for a day if and only if you revive him later. This whole "I can also read scum chat", and "oh and travel through time", which note are both pretty dang OP, is just too far to be believable.

I encourage my fellow players to critically examine the facts laid out before you. It sounds a little too power role to me.

1 minute ago, Caldias said:

Hey @FortyInRed do you have another role beyond roleblocking? Or is that the only one you have?

I also apparently have an assortment of ugly sweaters and irritating jingles to share.

That sounds delightful! Did you hand any out last night?

##vote @FortyInRed , just so we're clear. I'm 99% sure of him being scum.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, EbonHawk said:

So days started? Probably won't be on this evening, but will be on tomorrow..

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

@FortyInRed here’s the first posting by @EbonHawk of the DPtW role. I note you have now switched from an initial acceptance that this role existed (but was instead actually me) to a call for evidence.

And, yes. The scenario you outlined above is far too OP to be believable. I was the Invisible Man and unable to do anything other than vote Anon Unless and until I ##decloaked. I imagine thag my Scum-aligned alterego @BiggsIRL was in much the same boat.

24 minutes ago, Caldias said:

That sounds delightful! Did you hand any out last night?

No. In rereading my mod PM, I believe that I'm actually supposed to use the sweaters and jingles to block people. Whoop! I haven't been playing in the Christmas spirit apparently.

13 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

@FortyInRed here’s the first posting by @EbonHawk of the DPtW role. I note you have now switched from an initial acceptance that this role existed (but was instead actually me) to a call for evidence.

And, yes. The scenario you outlined above is far too OP to be believable. I was the Invisible Man and unable to do anything other than vote Anon Unless and until I ##decloaked. I imagine thag my Scum-aligned alterego @BiggsIRL

What. You're speaking nonsense.

I'm saying that you shouldn't be believed because what you're claiming you are is way too OP for a game of Mafia.

I have spoken.

17 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

And, yes. The scenario you outlined above is far too OP to be believable. I was the Invisible Man and unable to do anything other than vote Anon Unless and until I ##decloaked.

Sorry, meant to address this directly but we aren't allowed to edit our posts. So this is all you can do then?

You were lying about being able to read Scum Chat then, by your own admission. What else are you lying about, I wonder?

Disregard my previous post (this lack of edit thing is killing me).

You said you CANNOT read scum chat. Maybe you aren't lying..hmm...

4 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Sorry, meant to address this directly but we aren't allowed to edit our posts. So this is all you can do then?

You were lying about being able to read Scum Chat then, by your own admission. What else are you lying about, I wonder?

I couldn’t read Scum Chat and I can’t read Scum Chat. I don’t even understand your accusation.

1 minute ago, Lord Preyer said:

I couldn’t read Scum Chat and I can’t read Scum Chat. I don’t even understand your accusation.

I don't even know what I think anymore. Biggs submitted the role with Scum Chat reading, which would be mad OP, but you claim not to have it. Maybe you're lying, maybe you're not. Either way I deny the accusations you've laid at my feet.

And know this, if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Christmas music. In July. Bad Christmas music.

Ugly sweaters on the Red Carpet.

Oh the Chaos! Look into the future time Lord for you know I speak the truth

Well I know for sure Forty visited Ebon, so now he IS caught in a lie. It was one thing I was able to glean from the vagueries of the afterlife.

43 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Well I know for sure Forty visited Ebon, so now he IS caught in a lie. It was one thing I was able to glean from the vagueries of the afterlife.

Reexamine your logic friend. I said I didn't block anyone or hand out jammies. I never said I didn't visit anyone.

1 minute ago, FortyInRed said:

Reexamine your logic friend. I said I didn't block anyone or hand out jammies. I never said I didn't visit anyone.

So what did you do? You claimed not to have any other ability.

Due to the time paradox, adding 24 hours to the day, day four will finish 2200 gmt Saturday now.

16 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

So what did you do? You claimed not to have any other ability.

I got an anonymous tip that he had a few cartons of egg nog left over. You can't find that stuff anywhere now.

HE WASN'T GOING TO DRINK IT ALL OK?!

Joking aside, the PM also said if I was able to drink the egg nog undetected, I would rewarded at some point in the future in an unforeseen way.

I'm going to assume that because I was seen, and some daggone "Time Lord" appeared and started to blame me for everything wrong in the world, this is the other side of that coin.

Had I known there would be a risk, I would have just sat in my ugly sweater (they're really quite cozy) listening to "Now That's What I call Christmas! Vol 16"

7 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

I'm going to assume that because I was seen, and some daggone "Time Lord" appeared and started to blame me for everything wrong in the world, this is the other side of that coin.

Had I known there would be a risk, I would have just sat in my ugly sweater (they're really quite cozy) listening to "Now That's What I call Christmas! Vol 16"

And for those dissecting all my posts with a fine-toothed comb, I am kidding with this specific part.

I'm only being serious about the "I visited Ebon to drink his egg nog in the hopes of getting rewarded".

But apparently we live in a world with ghosts and time Lord's so who knows which way is up anymore.

Thanks

@The Jabbawookie , your input is required.