2019 Christmas Upick (mafia)

By PodRacer, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Super Time Cop - Time Stream Aligned

Super Time Cop is from the future and is being fed information in real time about what is going on. They are here because of a temporal anomaly threatening the time stream, and they need to save it.

Abilities: Super Time Cop has access to the following:
- The list of players and their alignments and rolls.
- Access to Scum/Cult/Lovers/Mason Docs. (Read Only)
- A single shot night vigilante
- A single shot Time Reversal - automatically triggered if the time stream is in jeopardy (someone that they need to keep alive is killed). This resets time to the start of the day or night before the player was killed with no reveal. This can trigger even after you are killed.
- If you are killed you return instead to your home time, and a dummy is left in your place. You are revealed as a Jester.
- If you are investigated you are seen as a madman. All investigators will be told you are a Jester.

Victory Condition:
- The Scum (or Cult or SK or Jester or something bad) must win. (Use your imagination here for maximum chaos)
- A specific member of town must not die.
- A specific member of town must die before D4 ends.
- A specific member of scum must die before D4 ends.

If that seems too complicated... Just make them an actual Jester but give them read only access to the scum doc (let the scum know someone might be looking over their shoulder) and the fake claim of Super Time Cop.... and then don't reveal them when they die until the game is over.

So basically I tricked @Lord Preyer into helping me balance the setup, then went 'oh by the way, take a look at this role pm'

'whos is it?'

'yours!'

Btw I have a fun setup. Not sure about my skills to run it though.

55 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Dooooooo iiiiiiitttt

8 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

Tbf what ****** us was Cal 'revealing' info from the setup doc by going after Forty.. thus turning mad onto him as well as others.. at that point it just an uphill battle to keep my mate alive when everyone else is obviously set on them.. hence voting biggs and just saying what the ****.

Yeah I wasn't sure how to handle that, I pmed Pod after my resurrection but before posting to let him know I saw observers and asked if I should still play, he said play on so I figured either it was a "pared down" observers or my time in this world was limited

27 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Yeah I wasn't sure how to handle that, I pmed Pod after my resurrection but before posting to let him know I saw observers and asked if I should still play, he said play on so I figured either it was a "pared down" observers or my time in this world was limited

Well I know @PodRacer will be my first D1 vote next game! ;)

Edited by Bertie Wooster
3 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

DEWITT

Thanks for letting me double crash the game and still somehow make my win condition.

13 hours ago, PodRacer said:

Super Time Cop - Time Stream Aligned

Super Time Cop is from the future and is being fed information in real time about what is going on. They are here because of a temporal anomaly threatening the time stream, and they need to save it.

Abilities: Super Time Cop has access to the following:
- The list of players and their alignments and rolls.
- Access to Scum/Cult/Lovers/Mason Docs. (Read Only)
- A single shot night vigilante
- A single shot Time Reversal - automatically triggered if the time stream is in jeopardy (someone that they need to keep alive is killed). This resets time to the start of the day or night before the player was killed with no reveal. This can trigger even after you are killed.
- If you are killed you return instead to your home time, and a dummy is left in your place. You are revealed as a Jester.
- If you are investigated you are seen as a madman. All investigators will be told you are a Jester.

Victory Condition:
- The Scum (or Cult or SK or Jester or something bad) must win. (Use your imagination here for maximum chaos)
- A specific member of town must not die.
- A specific member of town must die before D4 ends.
- A specific member of scum must die before D4 ends.

If that seems too complicated... Just make them an actual Jester but give them read only access to the scum doc (let the scum know someone might be looking over their shoulder) and the fake claim of Super Time Cop.... and then don't reveal them when they die until the game is over.

Thank you for the game @PodRacer .

This did create the significant challenge for me of trying to play the game whilst knowing everything but not using everything because that would be unfair (I could have just started saying what everyone was including all their special peculiarities but what’s the point?). Instead I decided the best way to do that was be honest about it the tricky spot I was in. As a result I died. The quintessence of MAFIA!

Bravo Town and sorry Scum, that was a tough hand you had at the end.

8 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Thank you for the game @PodRacer .

This did create the significant challenge for me of trying to play the game whilst knowing everything but not using everything because that would be unfair (I could have just started saying what everyone was including all their special peculiarities but what’s the point?). Instead I decided the best way to do that was be honest about it the tricky spot I was in. As a result I died. The quintessence of MAFIA!

Bravo Town and sorry Scum, that was a tough hand you had at the end.

Wait so one of your win conditions was that Scum must win?

Why'd you come at us so hard then?

Part of his wincon was to get Ebon lynched.

Better to push you and prove you plaguies than jump straight in and try to lynch an innocent child.

12 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Part of his wincon was to get Ebon lynched.

Better to push you and prove you plaguies than jump straight in and try to lynch an innocent child.

Was Ebon the only person Forty could recruit?

51 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Better to push you and prove you plaguies than jump straight in and try to lynch an innocent child

Curious to see if anyone bought the "innocent child" narrative. That would have jumped out to me as suspicious

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Was Ebon the only person Forty could recruit?

Yes

43 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Curious to see if anyone bought the "innocent child" narrative. That would have jumped out to me as suspicious

Probably would have swung the game the other way if not for my slip

To be fair I looked up “innocent child” and the description i got of it was “is ALWAYS town”

2 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

To be fair I looked up “innocent child” and the description i got of it was “is ALWAYS town”

I actually kind of dislike the idea of a scum innocent child because it undermines trust in the mod, even in a upick.

While I respect Pod’s decision to put it in, and the game was nothing short of fantastic, I’d like to explicitly state that all innocent children utilized in my setups will be truly innocent.

13 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I actually kind of dislike the idea of a scum innocent child because it undermines trust in the mod, even in a upick.

While I respect Pod’s decision to put it in, and the game was nothing short of fantastic, I’d like to explicitly state that all innocent children utilized in my setups will be truly innocent.

Yeah, it felt cheap to me and not even necessary. I would've traded the Innocent Child thing for just a regular night kill (Forty and I were really struggling without it).

Really fun game though!

Edited by Bertie Wooster
13 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

100% agree.

In this instance, I feel the timecop role balanced the scum IC, or at least revealed the game was afoot.

1 hour ago, PodRacer said:

In this instance, I feel the timecop role balanced the scum IC, or at least revealed the game was afoot.

in this instance, letting cal see the observers doc is what balanced the scum IC. Otherwise we never would have looked at ebons play because why on earth would we? The whole point of that role is that no matter what else you may have thought, this is 100% automatic clearance that this dude right here is town. I had Ebon high on my suspicion list before he was announced IC.

There wasn’t even a reason to believe recruitment was a possibility based on the Plaguies reveal. It was literally just that Cal knew there was a visit, since town had no tracker, watcher, or legitimate cop role.

9 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I would've traded the Innocent Child thing for just a regular night kill (Forty and I were really struggling without it).

Still being pretty new to things, I found the fact that I couldn't night kill confusing.

Once I recruited Ebon I could, but I didn't know that at first so that's why there were nights without kills