Yaimpar be te Bes'uliik OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Is there anything you guys want to do en route to Taris? (7.5 hours)

If not, do you want to RP it, skip it, or have me narrate it?

I don't have anything planned in particular unless you guys get yourself into trouble, so we can just narrate up until you're ready to head off to your first destination (wherever that may be).

Tam and Kebiin will attempt to research CIS bases.. Reach out to any contacts they might have to see if there are any bases that might not be wildly known.. (any contacts that were around during the war.. or fought for either side.)

Tam will also try and rig up a scale model of a Vulture droid as a prototype to model the new bes'uliik on..

Go ahead and make an Average Knowledge (Warfare) or Hard Knowledge (Outer Rim) check for information on potential locations. Once you're on Taris, you may be able to scrounge up some contacts, but that'll cost credits and carry more risk, though you may be able to acquire higher-grade information.

@ShockHelix , anything you want to do?

11 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Go ahead and make an Average Knowledge (Warfare) or Hard Knowledge (Outer Rim) check for information on potential locations. Once you're on Taris, you may be able to scrounge up some contacts, but that'll cost credits and carry more risk, though you may be able to acquire higher-grade information.

@ShockHelix , anything you want to do?

I was thinking "in house" contacts.. like clan members, or good friends of the clan..(but that might crossover too much with on-going games :D )

Warfare: : 4eA+3eD 2 successes
a-s-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d--.png d-th.png

Just now, RuusMarev said:

I was thinking "in house" contacts.. like clan members, or good friends of the clan..(but that might crossover too much with on-going games :D )

You are out of contact with them now, so you can't really call on them for help. You might encounter other Mandos over the course of the campaign.

Some stuff might be added to your knowledge pool as Kandosii Beroya'se continues (clan rumors, legendary exploits of Cade and Kara, etc.).

6 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Warfare: : 4eA+3eD 2 successes
a-s-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d--.png d-th.png

Kebiin recalls that there was a battle on Agamar in the closing years of the Clone Wars, and there was a space battle over the planet. Given the low population on the already desolate surface, she surmises that there weren't any major recovery efforts, so it should be possible to salvage some droids and Vultures.

Ok, I'll post as soon as @ShockHelix response

Not much I can think of doing at the moment. I suppose let’s have Arde handle the piloting so everyone has the free time to work.

As for Naz, I guess just narratively I’ll have him start researching anything he can find about starship/droid fighter weaponry.

Okay, so @ShockHelix , you are up IC, then @RuusMarev you wanted to post, and then are you guys okay with me picking up the narration from there? I'll drop in the relevant bits about your characters and get you to Taris.

Okay, that puts you on Taris with a pretty much empty ship. I'll let you hash out the plan IC.

@RuusMarev , @ShockHelix , feels like we've stalled out a bit, so I think we should get something happening. @ShockHelix if you would go ahead and respond IC, I'll get us out of here and onto Agamar, if there are no objections. I think it would be best to screenwipe pretty much to the point of stuff happening to jumpstart it, are you guys okay with that, or would you rather roleplay it out? I'm fine with whatever you guys want.

You'll see two crash sites: half a Munificent and a Separatist Supply Ship. Which would you like to check out?

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You'll see two crash sites: half a Munificent and a Separatist Supply Ship. Which would you like to check out?

Ideally both.. maybe the supply first?

I'm fine with screenwiping. I'll also vote for the supply ship first.

I'll work on an IC post. :)

Alright, post is up.

Specific objectives for this location?

Tam on hearing about active B1's: Image result for omg Frozen gif

15 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Alright, post is up.

Specific objectives for this location?

Collect droid parts, B1's, Vultures, ect.. Kebiin would be interested in the Shuttle...

Kebiin would also want ship parts.. maybe cannibalize the walker for structural and armor components.. and it's weapons.

(now i have to rewatch that episode to see what I might find :D )

Let's go ahead and get some checks out of the way, ready for narration:

Vultures: None.
Droid Parts: A lot, but all of the droids you find are badly damaged B1s. Easy Mechanics (Droid Tech) check to get sufficient intact parts to build some droids, one B1 per success.
Checking out the shuttle: Average Mechanics (Shipwright) check to determine how intact/salvageable it is.
Checking out the walker: Hard Mechanics (Shipwright) check to see if there is anything useful for you to salvage.
The walker's weapons: Hard Mechanics (Outlaw Tech) check to see if the guns are salvageable. (probably tossed to Naz)

@ShockHelix , is there anything Naz and Arde want to/will do?

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The walker's weapons: Hard Mechanics (Outlaw Tech) check to see if the guns are salvageable. (probably tossed to Naz)

@ShockHelix , is there anything Naz and Arde want to/will do?

Definitely going to go after that walker's weapons, as well as scavenge whatever weapons the droid's were using for spare parts.

Arde is going to look around for the Black Box, Shipping Manifest, or anything that might give them an idea of where droid factories were located.

1 minute ago, ShockHelix said:

Definitely going to go after that walker's weapons, as well as scavenge whatever weapons the droid's were using for spare parts.

Arde is going to look around for the Black Box, Shipping Manifest, or anything that might give them an idea of where droid factories were located.

Droid Weapons: Easy Mechanics (Outlaw Tech) check to salvage weapons, 2 (semi-) intact weapons per success.
Black Box: Average Perception check (success doesn't guarantee that it'll have the information).

Tam B1 repair: : 3eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png p--.png d-f-th.png

Tam would also take whatever B1 parts GM allows; head parts/body parts/ assorted servos and technical do-dads (for partial prototype/fun project, which will be explained.. and probably not abusing the GM intent.)

Kebiin shuttle check: : 2eA+2eP+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

aww 😢

Kebiin Walker check: : 2eA+2eP+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat
a-s.png a--.png p-s.png p-s-s.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

.hmm

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Tam B1 repair: : 3eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png p--.png d-f-th.png

Tam would also take whatever B1 parts GM allows; head parts/body parts/ assorted servos and technical do-dads (for partial prototype/fun project, which will be explained.. and probably not abusing the GM intent.)

<_< Take a Strain for the Threat, and you've got enough parts to build two B1s. I'll allow the request, but I reserve the right to adjust the effects of that.

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Kebiin shuttle check: : 2eA+2eP+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png p-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

Yeah, it's definitely not going to fly again. The engines are too messed up to be of much use for salvage, and the rain and elements have pretty much ruined the interior components. That said, what would you like for the Advantage? (it can potentially override/be an exception to the above fluff)

5 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Kebiin Walker check: : 2eA+2eP+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat
a-s.png a--.png p-s.png p-s-s.png d-th-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

With the Success, you think you can definitely salvage some stuff from it. With the Threat, the conditions inside the walker are dangerously unstable. Any checks inside will be upgraded once.

1 minute ago, ShockHelix said:

Walker Salvage : 3eP+1eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

The front cannons (Heavy Laser Cannons) are salvageable.

2 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Weapon Salvage : 3eP+1eA+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-a.png p-a.png a-s.png d--.png

4 semi-intact weapons. Yay scrap.

Anything you'd like for the Advantage?

2 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Looking for a Black Box : 2eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 threat
a-s-a.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

He finds it. The Threat will be resolved a bit later.