Want to sell collection

By LordFajubi, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Pretty much in the title. I need money badly not trades and have about $1500 of 1st edition ships with the 2nd edition cardboard for all of it. It’s the 3 core factions, rebel imp and scum. Is ebay still the best place to unload these for cash or has the market crashed?

Stuff still definitely sells on eBay, yes. I should think it’d be even more valuable with the 2.0 conversion pieces as well. Can’t guarantee you’ll get the full original dollar value out of it, but who knows.

A couple of specific thoughts:

If you have Star Wings (aka Gunboats), you can sell them for a princely sum. I’ve seen those going in the $80 range or higher. Don’t let someone lowball you on them (unless it’s me). 😛

Epic ships still command pretty good prices. Some do, at least. Rebel Transports seem to be relatively rare and pricier. And for some reason, 1.0 Tantives seem to go for more than 2.0 Tantives.

The 2.0 conversion contents for TIE Phantoms and TIE Interceptors go for a pretty hefty sums just on their own. Like maybe $20-$25 for each. Again: make sure you’re getting what you can out of your collection.

If you have the Guns For Hire stuff for Scum, you should also be able to squeeze a pretty good amount of money out of them. Maybe not as much as the Gunboat, but they seem to be in a similar niche of stuff that’s just basically impossible to find these days.

I guess the tl;dr is that Empire and Epic stuff generally tends to go for more money than Rebs & Scum, albeit with some exceptions.

Nice, yes I have complete sets for the 3 conversions. So 3 gunboats etc etc. $80 for gunboats, really? That was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t figure I’d get retail for it but even 50% would be a miracle. I do have the 2 epics for rebel and imp but no conversion for those if it’s been released yet.

4 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I do have the 2 epics for rebel and imp but no conversion for those if it’s been released yet.

Yep, the conversion kit just came out very recently. I wouldn’t worry about picking it up; it’s cheap enough that anyone looking to buy the 1.0 epic ships probably won’t mind taking a bath on it.

The Raider is maybe the one you might not be able to get quite as much for. Some places were offloading those for like ~$50 this past weekend, so the market might be kind of hosed. But who knows? Scope out some current eBay listings and consider lowballing yourself a buck or two to stand out from the crowd.

(I’m still looking for a Tantive myself, so let us know when you start selling.) 😛

2 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Nice, yes I have complete sets for the 3 conversions. So 3 gunboats etc etc. $80 for gunboats, really? That was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t figure I’d get retail for it but even 50% would be a miracle. I do have the 2 epics for rebel and imp but no conversion for those if it’s been released yet.

I've seen two go for 45$, several others which went for over 55$, and one that went for 60$. Not sure about going for 80.. BUT you should easily be able to get 50$.

Do you have Guns For Hire??

I was going to suggest positing on European, South American, and Asian Reddit Collecting threads as they may not have had access to some of the models.

Good hunting.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
12 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Do you have Guns For Hire??

2 copies or more of every single 1st edition ship/ace packs outside the sequel stuff. Never liked the movies and rarely bought the ships.

Tried to upload a photo but it’s too large a file, man are they strict on file size.

Edited by LordFajubi

Where are you located? Are you willing to sell stuff individually? Do you still have the card bases for the ships for a 1e format?