C-ROC and L3-37's Programming

By Bort, in X-Wing Epic Play

So I have looked at all the sneaky Scum things, but can't find a way. So maybe someone here can think of something I missed.

Is there a way to get L3-37s programming to work on a C-ROC.

Normally it will never work, because you regain a shield every turn at the start of the turn. So by the time you do your maneuver you will always be shielded, and hence L3-37 won't work.

So is there any Scum trick I can use to lose a shield between start of the turn (when recurring charges happens) and before the C-ROC moves?

Don't really think its something worth doing, but like most of my Scum tricks I just want to see how far I can stretch the rules. :)

I too have looked into this, and have seen others suggest it here. And no one has found a way to do that. L3 is still a nice 1 time panic button. Say a raider gets a nice 6 die attack on you, you spend L3 and don’t take a lot of damage

2 hours ago, Bort said:

So I have looked at all the sneaky Scum things, but can't find a way. So maybe someone here can think of something I missed.

Is there a way to get L3-37s programming to work on a C-ROC.

Normally it will never work, because you regain a shield every turn at the start of the turn. So by the time you do your maneuver you will always be shielded, and hence L3-37 won't work.

So is there any Scum trick I can use to lose a shield between start of the turn (when recurring charges happens) and before the C-ROC moves?

Don't really think its something worth doing, but like most of my Scum tricks I just want to see how far I can stretch the rules. :)

Not that I've found barring a special effect from the Huge ship damage deck's crits that removes the regen. Also, Recurring charges renew during the End Phase of a turn, not at the start of a turn. There is a difference.

Too bad there seems to be no way to get a second payload slot for the bomblet generator.

6 hours ago, Singulativ said:

Too bad there seems to be no way to get a second payload slot for the bomblet generator.

Woah woah. In these parts it will always be “device” slot.

10 minutes ago, player3719000 said:

Woah woah. In these parts it will always be “device” slot.

Why? To stubborn to adapt?

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Why? To stubborn to adapt?

Yes, what else?