Drakon Repaints

By DrakonLord, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Well i recently decided, after about a year long break, to start playing armada again and with a fresh start i figured i needed to give my ships a new start too!

Therefore i introduce my newly repainted ships and will keep this as a way to show off my progress :)

SW Armada (28/11/19) repaint https://imgur.com/gallery/2flWIlk

Edited by DrakonLord
Using Imgur now!

Woah, that liberty looks sick! I love your colour scheme, looks great!

5 minutes ago, Atromix said:

Woah, that liberty looks sick! I love your colour scheme, looks great!

Thanks mate! Close ups to follow shortly :)

Close ups of all painted ships now up, sorry for the shoddy lighting, lightbox will arrive soon ^_^

Edited by DrakonLord

Love that Pelta too! Looking Sharp!

SSD Muffled Thud now up!

Had a bit of fun with a old 3D print of an assault frigate mk1 which i cut up and combined with some pieces i had from the Assault frigate Mk2 and this is the end result after many, many hours of sanding down the 3D print 😂 😂 😁 👍

Assault frigate conversion Star wars armada https://imgur.com/gallery/Afp1YoK

More images to come in the morning when i get some decent lighting

Backstory to this Assault frigate.

About a year ago now a friend of mine got access to a 3D printer and printed a bunch of alternative models ships, such as Neb-B2s, dp20 frigates, etc.

This assault frigate was a failed print, having a ton of problems and i decided to keep it for future use.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago, where i was eagerly awaiting a set of second hand armada gear to add to my collection. As i opened it up i found to my bemusement a surprise AFmk2 that had been.... slightly modified.

Essentially the guy had taken apart the AFmk2, shoved a whole cr90 into the rear and glued it back together.

Me loving the cr90s, took the AF back apart and got a free cr90 model, plus base and tokens to field but was left with a essentially useless AF plus its gear.

*fast forward past xmas to last wednesday*

Cleaning my desk i found the failed AFmk1 print and had a idea, leading to the ship you see following the link :)

hope u enjoyed the story lmao