Resistance (Psychic Powers) and Perils of the Warp

By At Last Forgot, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

As per the rules, Resistance grants you a +10 bonus on tests to avoid or resist the object of your resistance.

My question is whether this +10 would have an effect on such things as Peril's of the Warp. It is my belief it would. Here are my reasons:

>Perils of the Warp are fundamentally an intrusion of the etherium into realspace. While without a visible conscious director, in this regard they are identical to Psychic Powers which are a Psyker "pulling forth power from the warp to create an effect in realspace."

>Some perils, such as Warp Whispers, act exactly as an area-targeted power might.

>Strong Minded, a derivative of Resistance (Psychic Powers) allows rerolls on any psychic powers which affect the mind. Possession is one of these, and thusly, Strong Minded should function normally on Daemonhost (a Peril of the Warp).

>Most Peril's do not in fact allow a test to resist or avoid them, so Resistance (Psychic Powers) working on the group of them would not have a strong imbalancing effect.

I suppose this argument boils down (in Theory) to whether Perils are considered Psychic Powers, or alternatively, whether "Psychic Powers" and "Psychic Effects" are synonymous in the Resistance description.

Thoughts?

IMHO I believe that Resistence to Psychic Powers or Resistence Fear or any other for that matter will not help you against Perils of the Warp.

This is my opinion as to why: Perils occur because the Psyker was trying to manifest a power. At the point he or she is manifesting a power, they are letting their guards down somewhat, trying to access the raw power of the chaos of the warp, and twisting it to their own ends.

It's like those silly movies where you see some woman being chased by a guy with a knife. She goes into a house, closes the door and locks it. 5 minutes later there's a knock at her door. Does she open it, knowing it could be a guy ready to ravish her or a friend who there to help her? Opening the door is like manifesting... you've opened that Pandora's box, you can't close it.