So do you think we will ever get more campaigns?

By Viperho, in Imperial Assault Campaign

If so, which era setting would you like to see? Rogue One Scarif tropical? Endor forest? Degobah swamp? anything else? Death star/capital ship maps maybe?

The game has been shut down for physical content. There is a chance we may see another app campaign, but at this point I'd call it a slim chance.

sigh, i still see a lot of potential in this type of game. While I like having an app, I really don't like they are focusing exclusively on some strange 4 player coop no imperial player mode and leaving the traditional campaign in the dust. Plus I don't understand why we don't have a character and campaign tracker as an official app either. shouldn't that be a priority first? they question why people don't play the traditional campaign but they don't give us the tools to make it easier.... yes I am aware of 3rd party tools/spreadsheets but really FFG should give us something better.

Anyways, I would like to see a "Saga" mode that combines the campaigns (2 - all) in one super campaign aka "Saga" with additional saga goals. potential saga rewards in crates etc. so many possibilities here to enhance the campaigns we already have....

Edited by Viperho
6 minutes ago, Viperho said:

yes I am aware of 3rd party tools/spreadsheets but really FFG should give us something better.

Are your disregarding that this is Star Wars? Would you like to be the FFG employee to suggest a free app for Disney/LFL? :)

A paid-for app? How much is it going to net?

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Are your disregarding that this is Star Wars? Would you like to be the FFG employee to suggest a free app for Disney/LFL? :)

doesn't have to be free, I'd gladly pay for it like I did with the dice app, which is much more frivolous. and that is what I don't get; the legends app is free and they put a lot of time in it which is appreciated... it just leaves my head scratching why they didn't offer us a tracker app for sale or free.

my only hunch of no more regular campaigns is piracy, possibly too many people are playing without actually buying the campaigns? so they want to force people to use the app which is more under their control?

Edited by Viperho
1 hour ago, Viperho said:

the legends app is free and they put a lot of time in it which is appreciated... it just leaves my head scratching why they didn't offer us a tracker app for sale or free.

With the Legends of the Alliance app you can play the campaign game solo or co-op. It expands the customer base to solo players and groups that want co-ops. LotA helps sell the existing products, including expansions. It was a reasonable investment to sell the rest of the inventory. Also, the project probably taught the IA team a few things about app development.

"offer" - do you mean develop?

A campaign tracker app is not needed with the LotA app, because the app already tracks what's needed. Tracking the regular campaign is already handled by several fan-created trackers (and pen and paper). How many purchases do you think would be needed to cover the app development? Does it sell more product?

I'm holding out hope that we will see an app update that gives us HotE, or a completely new campaign. If we got a new campaign, I know I'd want it to be set on Endor or Dagobah (or both), and I'd happily pay money for it.

Anything beyond that gets pretty deep into the realm of fantasy though. I don't think we're going to see a new Core Box campaign they way Descent 2nd Edition did, and if we were going to get something from Rogue One, you'd think they would have released it within a year of when they did the Death Troopers.

26 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

If we got a new campaign, I know I'd want it to be set on Endor or Dagobah (or both), and I'd happily pay money for it.

Agreed. I also think it's the most viable option since it wouldn't require a new set of tiles. As much as I had always wanted a Rogue One campaign, it would require new physical content (beach tiles) at this point. Endor wouldn't require anything new, as nice as Scouts and Ewoks would be.

Personally, I'd like to see a skirmish mode where you take a hero, you have a certain amount of Xp and Credits and than you fight another hero. That's actually how I plan to play-test some of my heroes I'm making. I'm going to do a 1v1, One side will have a new hero, and the other side will have an official hero, than after the duel concludes, we'll switch, retaining the same gear and upgrades, than check the results. If one hero beat the other hero consecutively, we'll test him/her in the start mission, with slightly reduced imperials.

But on topic, I'd like to have seen a Rogue One and an Endor set. I also would have liked a set that gave us more Inquisitorious.

Edited by ArcticJedi
On 11/26/2019 at 12:47 PM, a1bert said:

I would pay $10 to $15 for more app content. However what I would REALLY like to see is a downloadable PDF campaign. No printing, no physical content - just writing a story and some mission design / playtesting. I would pay $20 easily for that.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, ArcticJedi said:

Personally, I'd like to see a skirmish mode where you take a hero, you have a certain amount of Xp and Credits and than you fight another hero. That's actually how I plan to play-test some of my heroes I'm making. I'm going to do a 1v1, One side will have a new hero, and the other side will have an official hero, than after the duel concludes, we'll switch, retaining the same gear and upgrades, than check the results. If one hero beat the other hero consecutively, we'll test him/her in the start mission, with slightly reduced imperials.

But on topic, I'd like to have seen a Rogue One and an Endor set. I also would have liked a set that gave us more Inquisitorious.

I personally feel the best way to test new heroes is to expose them to the campaigns that exist and see how they compare to other heroes. If they can start off wiping the floor with enemies, then they are probably over powered. That's not an insult, it is just the default setting on which many players build custom units and heroes.

18 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

I personally feel the best way to test new heroes is to expose them to the campaigns that exist and see how they compare to other heroes. If they can start off wiping the floor with enemies, then they are probably over powered. That's not an insult, it is just the default setting on which many players build custom units and heroes.

That makes sense, I just thought it might be an interesting way to test them, but I will also be testing him in a normal campaign setting as well. Also, I didn't read any of that as an insult.

Cheers

On 11/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, ArcticJedi said:

There is a battle royale variant in BGG.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2255818/battle-royale-variation

Not tried it yet and the feedbacks shows it is not 100% but you might get some inspiration from it.

Edited by Ace_of_Spades