Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) - Karnecks Armada Reference Manual

By Karneck, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) - Karnecks Armada Reference Manual

Link to view - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T57stO2NSGdgf8ikhL_x_cXDBqYpFSDs

Join SWAE on Discord - https://discord.gg/RATKqSX

Check out the Armada wiki! - https://starwars-armada.fandom.com/wiki

If you feel anything is in error, please leave a comment!

Please know, that my explanations are not based on how "I" feel a card works (unless I state that) but to show credibility, know that I have TO'ed at GenCon 2019 for FFG, I ensure I'm conversing with persons that have TO'd at regionals, nationals, or worlds for Star Wars Armada.

The card or rule explanations are not officially supported by FFG.

These are rulings by human beings working with what we're currently given by FFG. FFG can (and likely will) make changes or clarifications that will either coincide or invalidate what is said.

Edited by Karneck

Bump!
Current version is Alpha 0.7.0

Working hard on finishing out all sections to start the Beta version by January! Then remain in Beta Jan/Feb with a full release by March / 2 weeks before Worlds.

If you see any errors or something you are not sure of (or don't see!) please let me know!

Edited by Karneck

Updated to Version Alpha 0.8.0!
All currently released titles are finished!

All that I have left to do is squadrons and objectives and I'll be ready for a Beta release. Trying to get it done before Feb!

Updated to version 0.8.5 today. All of wave 8 has been added.
All that is left is to do objectives and the RRG

Release - Version 1.0 - April 1st 2020

Full release.
Completed redrafted RRG

All released upgrade Cards

All Objectives

Includes most recent FAQ.
Includes recent worlds questions email response

Total Page count is close to 400 pages.

Edited by Karneck
21 hours ago, Karneck said:

Release - Version 1.0 - April 1st 2020

Full release.
Completed redrafted RRG

All released upgrade Cards

All Objectives

Includes most recent FAQ.
Includes recent worlds questions email response

Total Page count is close to 400 pages.

Bless your labors, friend.

Release - Version 1.0.1 - May 1st 2020 - Current Release

“Lastastronaut” on the FFG forums asks a very interesting question about the Ketsu Onyo squadron. Which has led to a new clarification / interaction.
“Ghost in the Machine” on Armada Discord asked about how ACM / XI7 interact, which has led to a new discovery of interaction between these two card effects.

Minor editing corrections / spell check.

Updating KARM to Version 1.0.2 - June 2020 -

“bkcammack” on Armada Discord asked about how Superheavy Composite Beam Turbolasers / XI7 interact as a follow up from the ACM/Xi7 question, which has led to a new discovery of interaction between these two card effects.

Further clarified how interaction between Heavy Fire Zone and Instigator works

Further clarified how Linked Turbo Lasertowers resolve

Release - Version 1.0.3 - August 1st 2020 -
Aug 5th Update - Corrected LTT interaction. It is add 2 dice of a single color, not any colors. (no mixing)

Found and added interaction between Rift Ambush Special Rule and Admiral Ozzel (Officer). (Or rather, they don’t)

Found interaction with “Blinded Gunners”, that accuracy icons (or its die) cannot be spent to fuel card effects like Leading shots or Admiral Screed .

RRG on Salvo, further clarified that it is a declared and committed attack with no option of “not attacking”

Corrected Salvo and Solar Corona interaction. Salvo is affected by this objective's special rule.

“Rasproteus” asked an interesting question regarding XX-9 Turbolasers and Structural Damage . These entries have been updated to reflect what is ultimately a very complicated interaction that cannot be answered without direct developer input.

RRG Effect use and timing updated regarding the word “Then” by Judge Ian Cross.

RRG Step 5 of an attack updated with clarification by Judge Ian Cross.

RRG Damage card Structural Damage entry updated regarding interaction with XX-9 Turbolasers .

XX-9 Turbolasers entry updated.

Minor editing corrections / spell check.

Edited by Karneck

Farewell FFG forums but I'll continue on the Star Wars Armada discord!