Corvette, Raider and the conversion pack

By Stefan, in X-Wing Epic Play

I got my conversion pack today, yet the Corvette and the Raider don't fit on the new bases and cardboard - the pegs are in the wrong position. Am I doing something wrong?

Solved it, these things are more flexible than they appear.

However, ship, stands and base still fall apart at the slightest movement. Man, I really miss those Armada stands.

@Stefan one of the holes in the cardboard isn’t quite aligned for the two big ships. I used a sanding wheel on my dremel to open it up, but a knife will do. Pegs fit nice after that.

I’m having the same problem with my Raider, except no amount of bending is going to make both of these pegs fit both the hole on the back & the plastic peg receiver on the front. I’m also not sure if cutting the cardboard is going to get things wide enough apart to work, either. It’s like the mounts on the body just aren’t sized for this base.

...which is pretty crap, BTW. I’m normally a comfortable FFG apologist, but I literally can’t use muh big toy here. Dissatisfied customer!!

I’m debating if I want to try taking the front peg receiver off and moving it backwards on the body (by over a centimeter) to try to make this actually work. I worry about how that’s going to work with the sloped body, though. Like I wonder if I would have to try sinking the thing partially inside the Raider to make this happen...

If I had extra huge pegs, I could just chop & magnetize one for this purpose. I’m leery of doing that since I don’t, though...

Should I bother trying to contact FFG about this? Do I just have a dud?

2 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I’m having the same problem with my Raider, except no amount of bending is going to make both of these pegs fit both the hole on the back & the plastic peg receiver on the front. I’m also not sure if cutting the cardboard is going to get things wide enough apart to work, either. It’s like the mounts on the body just aren’t sized for this base .

I’m debating if I want to try taking the front peg receiver off and moving it backwards on the body (by over a centimeter) to try to make this actually work. I worry about how that’s going to work with the sloped body, though .

If it's off by more than a centimeter, you may have a dud. I trimmed my cardboard this weekend and the pegs now sit perpendicular to the base, whereas before they were angled in towards each other.

We had a whole thread about this.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:13 AM, CoffeeMinion said:I’m having the same problem with my Raider, except no amount of bending is going to make both of these pegs fit both the hole on the back & the plastic peg receiver on the front. I’m also not sure if cutting the cardboard is going to get things wide enough apart to work, either. It’s like the mounts on the body just aren’t sized for this base.

...which is pretty crap, BTW. I’m normally a comfortable FFG apologist, but I literally can’t use muh big toy here. Dissatisfied customer!!

I’m debating if I want to try taking the front peg receiver off and moving it backwards on the body (by over a centimeter) to try to make this actually work. I worry about how that’s going to work with the sloped body, though. Like I wonder if I would have to try sinking the thing partially inside the Raider to make this happen...

If I had extra huge pegs, I could just chop & magnetize one for this purpose. I’m leery of doing that since I don’t, though...

my 1.0 Raider fits but not comfortably snug. I have to be careful when moving it (which I don’t do too much of, lol!). I’d take a photo and send it to FFG, maybe they can send you a new base plus pegs

I got a 1st edition Raider and used my conversion kit to make it 2.0 ready. And honestly, I don't see why people are damaging the cardboard. Seems to fit just fine without having to do anything special. Just make sure its lined up properly and the peg is facing the right way and it works great. Maybe a little looser then I'd like, but otherwise fine. I was more concerned with inserting the pegs into the ship it's self.

2 hours ago, Faerie1979 said:

I got a 1st edition Raider and used my conversion kit to make it 2.0 ready. And honestly, I don't see why people are damaging the cardboard. Seems to fit just fine without having to do anything special. Just make sure its lined up properly and the peg is facing the right way and it works great. Maybe a little looser then I'd like, but otherwise fine. I was more concerned with inserting the pegs into the ship it's self.

Lucky. Could just be variance in the manufacturing. Mine certainly needed a touch of work to get the pegs in straight but didn't take more than five minutes. I did the Raider at the store, borrowing scissors to scrape the cardboard just enough.

4 hours ago, Faerie1979 said:

Because in many cases it doesn't fit, simple as that.