The Circle Is Now Complete

By Scuro, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

On 11/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Spidey NZ said:

this discussion is summoning Mep. be warned

Hey now .... Unless there are confused people here who think it is pixie dust that causes games to get canceled and not finances, I'm not really needed.

Anyways X-Wing is #4 and Legion is #5 for miniature sales. FFG's glory days may be behind them. 4-Lom, Zuckuss and Grievous won't help. Maybe the IP itself has a lot of fatigue. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Marvel base dungeon crawl game.

4 hours ago, Mep said:

Unless there are confused people here who think it is pixie dust that causes games to get canceled and not finances, I'm not really needed.

I don't want to rehash the argument, but no body disagreed with you on this point.

14 hours ago, Scuro said:

That's what I've been saying, even ignoring the Legends Expanded Universe, there were so many more interesting options FFG could have released. Mustafar/Vader's Castle, Dathomir, Korriban, Scariff but we got 2 expansions on Tatooine, Bespin, Lothal and Hoth. Especially Hoth, did we really need to return to it, that place sucks, it's nothing but snow and wampas. Coruscant was cool, too bad it was one of the last to come out.

But I deffinaly would have liked to have seen more expanded universe character both Legends and New canon, Dr Aphra, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn.

Once you run out of ideas for the Rebellino era, release a new starter in another and start over, while making everything compatible of course, maybe even sneak out a Kotor set.

I know you mean well, but you just don't know how much I hate Dr. Aphra. I have to contain it all the time. Anyway, I was hoping for an Endor set that was also a Kashyyyk set. It would be great if the heroes contributed to the post DS2 battles to free worlds from Imperial control. One of the problems I have with IA, and there aren't many, is the insistence on staying near the canon characters and events of the film. There is so much that could be explored. It is like making a squad level game about WWII and always having to be near a main General like Patton.

10 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

I know you mean well, but you just don't know how much I hate Dr. Aphra. I have to contain it all the time. Anyway, I was hoping for an Endor set that was also a Kashyyyk set. It would be great if the heroes contributed to the post DS2 battles to free worlds from Imperial control. One of the problems I have with IA, and there aren't many, is the insistence on staying near the canon characters and events of the film. There is so much that could be explored. It is like making a squad level game about WWII and always having to be near a main General like Patton.

Oh no I understand your hate for Aphra, but for me like the Grand Inquisitor, I like the concept enough that I would use her for custom campaigns while ignoring canon but they did release the 0-0-0 and BT-1 so I was just surprised she didn't come out.

I still don't understand why people wanted an Endor expansion.....

1 hour ago, Scuro said:

Oh no I understand your hate for Aphra, but for me like the Grand Inquisitor, I like the concept enough that I would use her for custom campaigns while ignoring canon but they did release the 0-0-0 and BT-1 so I was just surprised she didn't come out.

You wouldn’t want another boxed set?

A real fan, you are not!

3 hours ago, Scuro said:

I want something that feels like a big finale for IA. A send off that it deserves. A celebration of everything that it is and can be for all of us.

Endor/RotJ fills that role for the Star Wars movies, and so when I think of what the IA finale would look like, my mind goes to Endor.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, Scuro said:

Again if they had made a Legion mode for Imperial Assault, that might have brought more people in for tournament play and my other point is how well is Legion doing that they decided it was better to keep supporting that instead of Imperial Assault. In other words if you have two games, why would you discontinue to support the more popular one?

It's a massive conspiracy where the whole of FFG got together and agreed to throw away potential money just to upset you. Personally. You specifically , as an individual.

Either that or your assumption about which is more popular and/or makes more money is wrong.

We may never know which of those possibilities is true.

Edited by Bitterman
Accidental multipost

Edited by Bitterman
Accidental multipost
9 hours ago, Funky_4LOM said:

You wouldn’t want another boxed set?

A real fan, you are not!

$hit, My covers been blown! ((*゜Д゜)ゞ”

No like I said I want more sets, just not Endor, or Endor's Moon if we wanna get technical.

7 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

I want something that feels like a big finale for IA. A send off that it deserves. A celebration of everything that it is and can be for all of us.

Endor/RotJ fills that role for the Star Wars movies, and so when I think of what the IA finale would look like, my mind goes to Endor.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, I'm just saying I wanted new locations that haven't gotten as much attention.

3 hours ago, Bitterman said:

It's a massive conspiracy where the whole of FFG got together and agreed to throw away potential money just to upset you. Personally. You specifically , as an individual.

Either that or your assumption about which is more popular and/or makes more money is wrong.

We may never know which of those possibilities is true.

Agreement: This was my thought as well, Bitterman. You show excellent logical skills..... for a meatbag.

Earlier this year, Fantasy Flight Games announced a fake product for April Fool's Day called The Dogwich Legacy , a deluxe expansion for Barkham Horror: The Card Game . Our graphic designer, Chelzee, had so much fun morphing classic Arkham Horror: The Card Game art into new zoological horrors, and we were delighted to share the article with all of you. We thought that was all the project was: a fun piece for one day.

How wrong we were.

The response from you, our fans, was incredible; and you asked, nay, demanded that we make this product. Well, we listened, and today we are proud to announce Barkham Horror: The Meddling of Meowlathotep , a 100% real, playable standalone adventure for Arkham Horror: The Card Game —now available for pre-order through our website and at your local retailer!

I get that card games are cheaper, yada yada, but...

I can't help but be a little bitter that apparently fan requests for a friggin dog-themed Arkham joke product get stuff done, but we're still neglected.

I know we already have a lot of good stuff to work with, just let me be miserable :P

Anyway, it is cool that the dog thing supports a good cause

On 12/2/2019 at 3:48 PM, subtrendy2 said:

I get that card games are cheaper, yada yada, but...

I can't help but be a little bitter that apparently fan requests for a friggin dog-themed Arkham joke product get stuff done, but we're still neglected.

I know we already have a lot of good stuff to work with, just let me be miserable :P

Anyway, it is cool that the dog thing supports a good cause

My exact thought. What's the ROI on this? Seriously. I don't CARE that it's a game that is two years younger and yet has 6,000 more players and almost double the all-time plays on Boardgamegeek. WHAT. IS. THIS!

You want to play games FFG? Fine. Let's start a petition. We want a box and blister pack. Put whatever you want in there. Give us Nein Nunb. Give us three Ewoks in a trenchcoat. Give the Imperials a figure called Hollywood Superstar Shia Labeouf. Give us Zuckuss, but not 4-LOM. Give us Ponda Baba after he met Obi-Wan. Give us Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band and sell each member separately. Then add $10 to the price of all these figures. Then add another $8 to it and give that money to the charity of your choice. You think I won't buy it? Just make the missions good and give me a few new heroes and I'll frickin buy it!

Edited by Pollux85
4 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

Give the Imperials a figure called Hollywood Superstar Shia Labeouf.

With the Feed ability? SHIA SURPRISE!!

Why does that make you hate legion more?

28 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

Why does that make you hate legion more?

I assume because he wanted some or all of those characters in IA.

19 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Well, I can't hate a game, because it has no agency. What I can do, howver, is reserve some serious, spiteful disdain for the people who decided to push Legion and abandon IA, and those who collaborated with those decision-makers.

Hopefully y'all know me well enough to know that I'm half joking here.

Honestly, I'll probably start picking up some Legion figures to run a Star Wars RPG at some point in the distant future, once I'm done collecting/painting 5e figures I need.

But it is a bummer these four never made it to IA. I always figured Cassian and K2 would be the most likely of the Rogue One cast to join.

I've picked up Legion figures for IA. I'll never play Legion, but with no more development on IA I'm free to do what I want with my campaigns. Now if only Zuckuss and 4LOM would make it to Legion like they did in X-Wing.

16 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

it has no agency

agency schmagency... I still hate it, even if it makes no sense to hate cardboard and plastic...

I've had a busy semester... is IACP still kicking? Are we going to make a new deployment card with one of the Legion figures already?