Simplest printed skirmish map?

By Ram, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

From all the printed maps, looking at things like terrain, shooting around impassable terrain a la Greedo/Han, doors and missions, what map do you consider the easiest? I have been given the option from an old friend of mine to have any one of his skirmish maps to add to our introductary corner of our small local gaming associasion. My backbone reflex says Training grounds, but I think the map is a little bit booring. What do you all think?

The one from the Jawa pack that was in rotation not long ago (Mos Eisley Alleys or something?) was pretty straightforward, I would say. Yes it had doors and picking up crates, but there wasn't anything too complicated about either if you just explain the rule that it takes an action to interact.

Better yet I always found it to be both balanced and interesting. Decisions about which way to send your figures, which doors to open, etc. made for fun and dynamic games without having a ruleset that was too complicated.

My favorite maps have been ISB Headquarters and Jabba's Palace. Jabba's Palace certainly has some crazy lines of sight, but also has a ton of really fun terrain to deal with. ISB headquarters is very straight forward, but a blast to play.

Three great ideas.

Jabbas I feel is too complicated. The pit, lines, terrain and the missions are even if not complex still not the simpler ones.

ISB headquarters is a great map for sure. For this one as well, I feel that the missions are just a small small tad on the complicated side, even if To your stations is very interesting.

But I feel that the winner may well be Mos Eisley back alleys. The map is well structured and the missions are straight forward. There is a bit of terrain on the map but most of it is not that messy, I really like the 4x3 corridors and the natural focus in the center as well.

I would really like Endor defence station, but that map map is not yet in his collection. :)

Thanks both for input, much appreciated.

Edited by Ram