“Standard Game”

By Chudley, in X-Wing Epic Play

Is the a general consensus on list building in epic For a standard game yet? Some things I have read around the traps are as follows:

500 points,

must include 1 Huge Ship or 1 Wing minimum,

6 obstacles per list,

6x3 table.

This is not including the scenarios in the Epic Rules book, just for a standard, no scenario game.

That looks to be right front what I've seen.

I’d suggest using deployment zones from one of the Epic Battles scenarios, rather than the standard range 1 from your own board edge, to keep things from being too spread out at the start of the game. ;)

I might recommend 3x3.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, heychadwick said:

I might recommend 3x3.

With 500 points doesn’t that become a massive bump fest? At 300 sure, but all those bases...

That said, I’d love to run 800 points on 6x3

On 11/19/2019 at 9:09 PM, heychadwick said:

I might recommend 3x3.

How many points would you recommend for 3x3 , 2Player Skirmish?

On 10/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, topacesteve said:

How many points would you recommend for 3x3 , 2Player Skirmish?

Part of it depends on how people fill out their lists. If everyone is taking at least one Epic ship and not a swarm of <insert cheap fighter here> then you should be OK with a large number of points. I could even see 600 pts per side, as long as each person had 2 capital ships. The bigger ships used to turn badly and 3x3 would be bad with them, but these things can stop and can turn on a dime!

Does that help? Sorry for delay. I'm recovering from ankle surgery.

I'm baffled as to why they didn't just have some basic epic game guidelines for a free download or paper copy with the conversion kit, I haven't used any epic stuff yet, I decided not to buy the epic battles expansion as I'm not interested in scenarios. Seems like a real scam making the wing tools only available in it.

12 hours ago, pitchfork06 said:

I'm baffled as to why they didn't just have some basic epic game guidelines for a free download or paper copy with the conversion kit, I haven't used any epic stuff yet, I decided not to buy the epic battles expansion as I'm not interested in scenarios. Seems like a real scam making the wing tools only available in it.

I dunno, maybe cuz they have employees on payroll and utilities to pay and it seemed best to provide wing tools to those who support the game with a purchase?

My local group started playing 400 point Epic games. It still retains the "feel" of Epic, but speeds up games quite a bit. Also makes it easier for newer players to take part in, since they can basically just combine two Extended lists with some minor modifications.

14 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I dunno, maybe cuz they have employees on payroll and utilities to pay and it seemed best to provide wing tools to those who support the game with a purchase?

You might have me on amount of posts but your an empty vessel my friend, I did buy the epic conversion kit.

Edited by pitchfork06