Burglar's Contract and a Unique card already in play

By AllWingsStandyingBy, in Rules questions & answers

What happens if the forced effect of Burglar's Contract reveals a unique attachment from the "loot deck" that is already in play attached to a character? (e.g. the loot deck reveals Sword that was Broken , but another copy is already attached to one of Player A's characters?). I assume the copy attached to Player's A character is discarded and the loot deck copy is attached to the location that was just traveled to, in a similar way that an ally under play control would be discarded should an objective-ally of the same name be revealed from the encounter deck.

I don't think you can have more than one copy of an attachment in the Loot Deck. If says to choose 14 different attachments...

EDIT: Oh wait, you're referring to multiplayer? In that case I'm not sure.

Edited by stimpaksam

I think the rules say you can't dislodge a unique attachment by playing another copy. Most likely the location gets a different loot card or no loot card, but I don't know which.

I think you will add the attachment into your hand. The contract says to put it into play or to add to your hand. As you can't put into play a duplicate of a unique card you have to take it into your hand.

Good fuel material for eowyn, protector of lorien or similar.

1 hour ago, Halberto said:

I think you will add the attachment into your hand. The contract says to put it into play or to add to your hand. As you can't put into play a duplicate of a unique card you have to take it into your hand.

Good fuel material for eowyn, protector of lorien or similar.

But doesn't that only happen when the location it is attached to is explored? Can a duplicate unique attachment be attached to the location via the Loot Deck if that attachment is already in play attached to a character? I assume not, in the same way I can't play a copy of Glamdring guarded into the staging area if another copy of Glamdring is already attached to a hero.

Unless there's something odd about the Burglar's Turn contract that doesn't put the cards into play when it attaches them to locations?

2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

But doesn't that only happen when the location it is attached to is explored? Can a duplicate unique attachment be attached to the location via the Loot Deck if that attachment is already in play attached to a character? I assume not, in the same way I can't play a copy of Glamdring guarded into the staging area if another copy of Glamdring is already attached to a hero.

Unless there's something odd about the Burglar's Turn contract that doesn't put the cards into play when it attaches them to locations?

****. You are totally right. Then It should be discarded then as ineligible to enter play. But what the official ruling would rule to happen after that its hard to predict...