Rules Question: Attack Cards and Reveal Triggers

By yalestewart, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I'm fairly certain I understand how this works, but just wanted to be sure. My question pertains to Step 2c of the Villain Phase.

1. Accelerate the main scheme.

2. The Villain activates.

• 2a. Give the Villain one facedown boost card.
  • 2b. Player chooses whether or not to defend (in event of an Attack).
  • 2c. Flip the boost card--

When flipping the boost card, the card is essentially blank aside from the boost icons, correct?

For example, if you revealed an Obligation, it simply goes to the discard pile, since it's lacking any boost icons and is not being revealed during the Encounter Card phase. Another example would be a Treachery, like Advance. Revealing it as a boost card doesn't trigger the Revealed ability and prompt a Scheme, right?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by yalestewart

Yes that is correct! You treat the card as if it is blank except for any boost icons or boost effects then it goes to the discard.

It is so satisfying to see a nasty encounter card just get used up as a boost card!

On 11/2/2019 at 3:05 PM, yalestewart said:

I'm fairly certain I understand how this works, but just wanted to be sure. My question pertains to Step 2c of the Villain Phase.

1. Accelerate the main scheme.

2. The Villain activates.

• 2a. Give the Villain one facedown boost card.
  • 2b. Player chooses whether or not to defend (in event of an Attack).
  • 2c. Flip the boost card--

When flipping the boost card, the card is essentially blank aside from the boost icons, correct?

For example, if you revealed an Obligation, it simply goes to the discard pile, since it's lacking any boost icons and is not being revealed during the Encounter Card phase. Another example would be a Treachery, like Advance. Revealing it as a boost card doesn't trigger the Revealed ability and prompt a Scheme, right?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Actually, the Obligation cards do have boost icons (two to be precise from the ones I checked), so they boost as normal (and do NOT get handed to the hero; obligations are only handed to the hero they belong to if they are pulled as encounter cards). Other than that, yes you are right. Cards with no boost icons don't boost, and all other card text is ignored when encounter cards are pulled for boost purposes ( unless it's a star boost icon, which follow the card's specific star rules). Normally, when revealed encounters only happen when they are revealed as part of the encounter phase (after all villain activations {meaning attacks or scheming} have all been completed).

Edited by Deathseed