Geonosis Battle Droid color?

By Wcardinal, in Painting

I want to paint some of my battle droids in the pink/rust from Geonosis.

I typically use citadel paints. Anyone have an idea of what Contrast or Classic colors it might be. I was thinking maybe gulliman flesh or fire slayer flesh.

I always saw it as a brownish/rusty red then pink, but I’m interested to know too.

I used Rustoleum Rust metal Primer for these as a commission. I think it goes along with the basing quite well. Bit darker than ideal, but a lot easier than mixing colors for multiple squads.

IMG_20191103_090150374

Sorry for the bad picture, hopefully I'll get a better one eventually.

4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Those look awesome! That scheme has always been my favorite of the battle droid paint jobs.

I'd be thinking a mix of Aragon dunes and flesh tearer or blood angel red.. or alternatively a brown base coat with the red contrast over it.

Edited by Ralgon
23 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I used Rustoleum Rust metal Primer for these as a commission. I think it goes along with the basing quite well. Bit darker than ideal, but a lot easier than mixing colors for multiple squads.

IMG_20191103_090150374

Sorry for the bad picture, hopefully I'll get a better one eventually.

I think you are on to something here. Thanks for the response. This pic is almost exactly what I had in mind, all the way down to the basing

I'm planning on using Gore-Grunta Fur for the lot of them

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I'm planning on using Gore-Grunta Fur for the lot of them

That is what I was thinking as well, just from looking at the Contrast color chart. But I am concerned it might be too dark/saturated. Maybe mix it with Fyreslayer Flesh?

On 11/6/2019 at 1:14 AM, Lochlan said:

That is what I was thinking as well, just from looking at the Contrast color chart. But I am concerned it might be too dark/saturated. Maybe mix it with Fyreslayer Flesh?

Or just thin it with the medium

On 11/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, Lochlan said:

Having tried this once with Gore-Grunta Fur over Rustoleum Heirloom White I'd say it might be a touch lighter than the films. I'm pretty pleased.

2 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Having tried this once with Gore-Grunta Fur over Rustoleum Heirloom White I'd say it might be a touch lighter than the films. I'm pretty pleased.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

I found a good color combination in a 1:1 mix of Scale75 Kalahari Orange and Sandal Wood. I am aiming for a very desaturated color. I will post Pictures on the Weekend once the two Squads are done.