New Game in Development

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

This thread is going to be popcorn worthy. :D

Probably another flipping Battlefront.

Can we ever get another X-wing or Tie Fighter game? Can you even imagine with todays tech? Or heck even another Rogue Squadron game with Black Squadron or whatever the H E double hockey-stick the new Resistance squadron is called.

But... My ultimate wish would be a modern version of Star Wars: Rebellion. 🤪

Edited by Jo Jo

It might not be another Battlefront in name but it might still be a Battlefront in practice. I kind of wonder if they want to move away from that name, does it still have a negative connotation related to the bad things they did with the last one?

I kind of expect it to be another shooter of some kind. We've already got Fallen Order on the jedi side.

Maybe we might get something to do with the scum and villainy side of things, since Battlefront is already mostly about the big factions.

Would be cool to get something like the story of X-Wing Alliance that includes both the space fighting and the ground fighting in a big campaign.

I don't expect to see another RTS or TBS, and I'm sad about that but seeing something like Rebellion or Empire at War again would be pretty sweet.

We need a modern Forza-esque pod/swoop racing game. :P

On 10/31/2019 at 12:35 PM, Demon4x4 said:

We need a modern Forza-esque pod/swoop racing game. :P

We sincerely do.

As for rumors of a new Battlefront... Noooo, I kind of doubt it. Battlefront II 2's playerbase is solid and it has LOADS of content. It's a game that still gets active UI and content updates too. Frankly, its future looks pretty bright.

Now, would they make a new one to be released in 2021..? That's a ways off, but the thing is, there isn't all that much to add in a whole separate game. Battlefront II 2 is very **** near the full star wars experience.

So it'd just really surprise me if that was Battlefront III.

Considering how fast Battlefront 2 came together, I’m doubting it’s a Battlefront 3.

I’m curious to know how much Fallen Order’s performance will affect this. If Fallen Order is well received, will they try another single player game?

Of course, with some of the cancellations that happened to EA Star Wars projects, part of me wonders if similar indecision will see this game canceled as well.

Elite Dangerous, Star Wars style.

Come on EA, you know it makes sense.

29 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Be careful what you wish for. They just might do it and require each and every upgrade to your ship require an out of pocket cost...

Edited by Hiemfire
26 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Be careful what you wish for. They just might do it and require each and every upgrade to your ship require an out of pocket cost...

I think they may have learned that lesson with the backlash to Battlefront 2.

In-game purchases aren't a huge problem as long as they don't split the player base into the haves and have nots.

Just now, FTS Gecko said:

I think they may have learned that lesson with the backlash to Battlefront 2.

In-game purchases aren't a huge problem as long as they don't split the player base into the haves and have nots.

They might have, they might not have. We'll see when/if this next game comes out.

Masters of teras kasi 2. Just to spite everyone.

I wouldn't mind an updated version of empire at war.. Go command and conquor style!

1 hour ago, LTuser said:

I wouldn't mind an updated version of empire at war.. Go command and conquor style!

I still play that game even to today.

Mods are awesome.

I play it too... Heck, for C&C i still run generals... Pity Win 8 don't like playing Tiberiun sun....

A good open world RPG. KotOR themed Fallout 4 / Skyrim / Mass Effect.

I’d empty pockets for that one.

10 hours ago, Conandoodle said:

I’d empty pockets for that one.

Throw in optional multiplayer via LAN or internet and no **** rails (Fallout 4 is not as open world as I like, still allot of stuff gated behind progressing the central story).

On 11/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, FTS Gecko said:

Not knowing a ton about ED to begin with, I'm down, but please also have non-spaceship stuff to do as well.

The way they’re churning out Vader Immortal episodes I kinda think it might be the first full studio space combat VR. There are a lot of great games in the genre, but they’re all made by single people or small teams just playing around.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:08 AM, Conandoodle said:

On 10/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, Jo Jo said:

Probably another flipping Battlefront.

Can we ever get another X-wing or Tie Fighter game? Can you even imagine with todays tech? Or heck even another Rogue Squadron game with Black Squadron or whatever the H E double hockey-stick the new Resistance squadron is called.

But... My ultimate wish would be a modern version of Star Wars: Rebellion. 🤪

I just hope if anyone ever makes another X-Wing or TIE Fighter game that they do it in a proper flight-sim style. None of this "simplified controls" or "third-person view" garbage.

16 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I just hope if anyone ever makes another X-Wing or TIE Fighter game that they do it in a proper flight-sim style. None of this "simplified controls" or "third-person view" garbage.

Which would raise the question if the sim should simulate space combat or the shown movie combats.

I think Ace Combat style movie like battles would fit the theme of Star Wars better.

Edited by Singulativ
2 hours ago, Singulativ said:

Which would raise the question if the sim should simulate space combat or the shown movie combats.

I think Ace Combat style movie like battles would fit the theme of Star Wars better.

I wasn't familiar with that game, so I looked it up. I have to say, having played the X-Wing series, and having played 3rd-person flying games, that sort of engine would probably be a hard pass for me, unless the story was really good and I found it on a Steam sale.