Lucrehulk-Class Droid Control Ship, Venator and Imperial Class Star Destroyers

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Armada

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Also as far as we know has FFG ever taken a financial loss on any of their expansions? I think as long as it doesn’t risk tanking the game, they should take the risk.

The SSD is boosting the interest für Armada. Why not?

I had no interest in the SSD. I won’t buy one. It just never clicked for me.

I would absolutely buy a Lucrehulk if it were a huge ship.

My only concern is they might make the Lucrehulk a large base ship (albeit the largest one we’ve got) because they want to leave room for the Malevolence as a huge base ship.

I doubt they would make more than one huge ship per era, especially two for the same faction.

I quite like the Malevolence but it’s not as unique, iconic, or as visually daring as the Lucrehulk, especially when juxtaposed with the Seperatist Fleet.

Edited by Forresto

9ihe6kr6t9x31.jpg

zoom in

by aptyler308

8 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

9ihe6kr6t9x31.jpg

zoom in

by aptyler308

Stunning render but what does it have to do with the Venator and Lucrehulk? 😁

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

Stunning render but what does it have to do with the Venator and Lucrehulk? 😁

If you check the time stamp I switched the title before I posted.

🥂

Just now, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

If you check the time stamp I switched the title before I posted.

🥂

Ahhhhh. Slick.

Prost!

🍻

6 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Ahhhhh. Slick.

Prost!

🍻

The Empire is Vitorious on ALL Fronts!

Prost !

kgnaquwh2jg41.jpg

by aptyler308

I’ve written this elsewhere... I think the Trade Federation Battleship, Resurgent Star Destroyer, and MC85 (the latter two presumably being options for the game at some distant point in the future) merit an all-new “Extra Large” base.

Lucrehulks have the benefit of being at a power range that you can fit more than one in a 400 point game so the extra cost of development would have a better recoupment than the SSD if they go the huge ship route.

38 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

Lucrehulks have the benefit of being at a power range that you can fit more than one in a 400 point game so the extra cost of development would have a better recoupment than the SSD if they go the huge ship route.

?

Im pretty sure the Battlefront II Starfighter assault scenario has a single Lucrehulk being treated as a match for 3 Venators and a few Arquitens. Not a precise comparison, but I doubt Disney would let the game be that far off.

20 hours ago, Church14 said:

?

Im pretty sure the Battlefront II Starfighter assault scenario has a single Lucrehulk being treated as a match for 3 Venators and a few Arquitens. Not a precise comparison, but I doubt Disney would let the game be that far off.

Maybe but lore wise isn't the Venator ship to ship capability more in line with the Victory? I expect the Venator itself will be a large ship with stats more like a Victory, however with a Squadron value around 6 or even up to 8 to represent them being large carriers.

34 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

Maybe but lore wise isn't the Venator ship to ship capability more in line with the Victory? I expect the Venator itself will be a large ship with stats more like a Victory, however with a Squadron value around 6 or even up to 8 to represent them being large carriers.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there. You just went plaid. 😆

22 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

Agreed. I'll eat my shoe if FFG doesn't allow two Trade Federation battleships in a standard match. That's just leaving money on the table. This is pure speculation, of course, but I'm guessing it will fall somewhere in the range of 180-185 points, and cost around $100 USD.

1 hour ago, All Shields Forward said:

It appears to be a bit more fragile than a Victory, just judging from their visuals.