Lucrehulk-Class Droid Control Ship, Venator and Imperial Class Star Destroyers

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Armada

28tf8eixjov31.jpg

You can zooooom in for details on this ship.

By aptyler308

While a juicy target, I would love to see this in Armada someday.

avlwdyrtfvw31.jpg

by aptyler308

9ihe6kr6t9x31.jpg

Zoom in

by aptyler308

kgnaquwh2jg41.jpg

by aptyler308

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

I think that is specifically the Droid Control Ship variant - I don't think the regular battleship version has the ring of dishes around its edge. (I mean, it still has a lot of big sensor dishes , just...not that many)

I actually printed one off the other day on my 3d printer for some fun terrain. I found the plans on thingverse. I was going to post a picture of it but the file is too big.

34 minutes ago, Tagony said:

I actually printed one off the other day on my 3d printer for some fun terrain. I found the plans on thingverse. I was going to post a picture of it but the file is too big.

FFG gives almost no space to upload images here. You are better using a third party like IMGUR and link those images here.

48 minutes ago, Tagony said:

Separtist Sexiness

I just posted it in dakka dakka. Hopefully this is legal in the forum rules to post.

@Tagony

If the Starhawk is a thing, I don’t see why a Lucrehulk can’t be. Though I would prefer a custom square stand for it. The Starhawk looks like it will go past the stand by a large margin and the Lucrehulk should be bigger

On 10/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, xanderf said:

I think that is specifically the Droid Control Ship variant - I don't think the regular battleship version has the ring of dishes around its edge. (I mean, it still has a lot of big sensor dishes , just...not that many)

Also those comm towers rearward of the sphere are only present on control ship variant IIRC.

I wonder what the variants will, should it be released for Armada some day (they kind o have to right?). If it's huge, I guess there will be two variants. Two of them are obvious (which one will the model be?): the control and battleship(the non competitive ones?). For the other two there are options in Canon, but not without problems. One is the original unmodified freighter and the other the Core ship. The obvious problem with the latter is the enormous difference in appearance and the former is completely unarmed as far as I am aware. Bit it has to have some defense against piracy I guess (my personal theory on the vultures origin). Alternatively they could go for trade federation and separatist versions of both variants, the TF ones being older and less suited for warfare.

If FFG does the Lucrehulk, and they might, they’re only going to do one version given it’s size. Likely the version we see most often.

I think the better question is will the game model be painted in the Trade Federation colors or will it sport the blue CIS livery?

Personally I hope we get it with the blue markings as even a beginner can decently paint it grey.

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

If FFG does the Lucrehulk, and they might, they’re only going to do one version given it’s size. Likely the version we see most often.

I think the better question is will the game model be painted in the Trade Federation colors or will it sport the blue CIS livery?

Personally I hope we get it with the blue markings as even a beginner can decently paint it grey.

Good point, but I fear it'll be the control ship in grey. That's just the more recognizable variant for the wider audience.

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

Edited by flatpackhamster
Misunderstood.
13 hours ago, Forresto said:

I'd imagine it will get the CIS blue livery, same as I imagine all the Republic ships get the GAR red livery - that way, the two factions will have a unique look within them that distinguishes them from the two existing factions. (Particularly needed for the Republic ships, which are otherwise indistinguishable "in style" from the Empire's ships - all angry space triangles! But keeping the CIS distinct from the Rebels is useful, too - the Munificent and Providence classes wouldn't look at all out of place in the Rebel fleet outside of a unifying paint-scheme that the Rebels lack...)

avlwdyrtfvw31.jpg

by aptyler308

There is only one little problem with the Droid Control ship. The size. This beast is bigger than an ISD (depending on the source it is between 2425 and 3170 meters). And it is as long as it is wide.
An ISD is "only" 1600 meters long. This means, this Droid Control Ship can be twice as big as an ISD. And even with only 50% bigger, it will be a really big ship.

2 hours ago, Tokra said:

There is only one little problem with the Droid Control ship. The size. This beast is bigger than an ISD (depending on the source it is between 2425 and 3170 meters). And it is as long as it is wide.
An ISD is "only" 1600 meters long. This means, this Droid Control Ship can be twice as big as an ISD. And even with only 50% bigger, it will be a really big ship.

So a while back I plotted the sizes of all ships in universe vs the size of their minis and generated a function that would roughly predict the size of a mini given its in universe size. According to my calculations the mini for the Lucrehulk should be about 28.1853cm long ( assuming its length to be 3.3569 meters ). For comparison, an ISD is 20cm long and the SSD is 61cm.

For those who are interested here is my plot:

image.png.35f1189e1d52742f8244922304000e7e.png

The Y axis is in universe length in meters and the X axis is Armada mini in cm.

The function to predict the size of a mini in cm is:

f(length) = 0.373009 length^0.5327101429266491

where length is the in universe length in meters.

For the extra interested, here is the data I used:

image.png.66c23a5faffd8cbebd1632fff74cf993.png

Yellow means I could only find a ships lenght in legends and some ships like the MC80 have varing sizes so I just included the standart size as well as the maximum size.

Fun facts: The Resurgents mini would be 26.1cm, the MC85s 28.5cm and the Mandator 4s 43.8cm.

That’s roughly an 11x10 inch model.

Which, let’s be clear: will look awesome.

It would have to be an epic ship with (Probably) an entirely new movement mechanic

If a smaller dimension is used (2425m) then the model ends up as just over 9 inches long by probably 8.5 inches wide. The ISD is just under 8 inches long. Manageable as a large base but would strongly encourage a new large-wide base

5 hours ago, Tokra said:

Just give him two plastic bases next to each other to fit that round design and make it another huge ship. Perhaps with 2 front arcs :D

On 11/6/2019 at 2:17 AM, Tokra said:

Neither of those sources are canon, however, as the Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship is legends somehow.

Canon dimensions for the Lucrehulk-class Battleship and unmodified LH-3210 Cargo Freighter are 3357 x 3009 meters. Which only drives your point home. 🙂

19 hours ago, spike2109 said:

Just give him two plastic bases next to each other to fit that round design and make it another huge ship. Perhaps with 2 front arcs :D

Shame the bases have lips on the sides...

16 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Shame the bases have lips on the sides...

There can be a gap between the bases, the cardboard is the bridge just like the SSD bridge base.

2 hours ago, spike2109 said:

There can be a gap between the bases, the cardboard is the bridge just like the SSD bridge base.

Yes, but... take a close look. The front and back, where the huge base SSD bridge is,... there is no “lip”. This is what lets you bridge the two that way.

The sides have a lip that holds the token in place, preventing it from shuffling side to side. You’d be bending cardboard to go over that. Or having this odd idea of having a token that hangs over the front and rear edges and has lined cutouts to accommodate the higher base edge lip.

Edited by Drasnighta
31 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Yes, but... take a close look. The front and back, where the huge base SSD bridge is,... there is no “lip”. This is what lets you bridge the two that way.

Ah, I get it. So they have to produce a custom plastic base or modify the cardboard (2 Layer, 1 that fits and 1 as bridge).

19 minutes ago, spike2109 said:

Ah, I get it. So they have to produce a custom plastic base or modify the cardboard (2 Layer, 1 that fits and 1 as bridge).

And In either instance that’s a major one off additional expense that makes a situation less likely to happen. Not ruling it out, just less likely. Given the expense and difficulty they’ve admitted to even with the SSD you’d got to think additional expenses would be fresh on the kind to avoid.

A venator fits between the forward gap in the donut as per “Storm Over Ryloth”.

(Also one of the best episodes of TCW)

The Venator model in game will roughly be the size of the Imperial Interdictor if you go by canon measurements.

~

I hope they make the Lucrehulk a Huge ship.

I know FFG is hesitant to ever do another Huge ship due to the cost of the SSD however I think the Lucrehulk is iconic enough to move units especially if the Clone Wars factions sell well.

Also as far as we know has FFG ever taken a financial loss on any of their expansions? I think as long as it doesn’t risk tanking the game, they should take the risk.

Edited by Forresto