Crack Shot (1)

Trade Federation Drone (19)

Total: 200

fe1a2600b602428a7cdfb5ab84e50172_origina

Round 1 vs Wedge, Jan Ors, Cassian, Z95

I went after cassian down left side, wedge and jan came down right-ish middle. Maul fires at cassian and cassian natty evades. A couple vultures try and do nothing. Then 2 vultures on a Z takes its shields. Cassian gets jan'd up and rolls 4 natties into Maul, and he gets injured. Not a good round for me.

I made some mistakes. I block cassian with a vulture, to try and fit a 5k with Maul, but the 5k barely doesnt fit. High Risk, high reward, as Maul would take no shots that round and get range 1 on Wedge if I pulled it off. But, it was a stupid move by me that early in the game looking back on it. So instead of not getting shot he takes a range 1 from wedge and jan and I think he dies this round. Yay Maul! Chertek coming around and vultures turn toward wedge taking him down to 2 hull.

Next round I screw up again, I go to block wedges 4k and miss by a millimeter, but I do get my block on jan. Chertek 3 straights and tractors left and barely out of range 1 on jan, ruler is on her nubs its so close, where I woulda had 4 shots on her being tractored! Ugh. After this, I get the Z with chertek, and Jan to 1 hull but cant finish her off.

Loss. It was like 131 - 110 or something. Im pretty sure I beat this list 9 outta 10 times. I lost Maul early and by my stupid gameplay and still almost pulled out the win. Lesson learned. But this is Worlds, and lessons should not be learned at this event. My limited practice time pre-worlds is already showing.

Round 2 vs CLT Obi, Sinker, 3 torrents.

We meet towards middle-ish and I lose a vulture and he gets a torrent hurt. I swing chertek around and vultures block his torrents and I remove the hurt one, while he continues into my other vultures and plinks maul. I go after sinker and get some nice shots from maul. Chertek hurts another torrent. We just go back and forth. Last round. Sinker has 3 hull left. Maul sloops and fires at Sinker, 1 hit. Ugh. Chertek tractors and kills a torrent. Im in the lead. His only shot is clt obi, not in bullseye of chertek (who has 1 damage only). Obi rolls 1 hit. I roll 4 greens with chertek and NADA. takes 1 dmg, I lose by 13pts. UGH!

Loss. Game was close, and I felt I played good. That last shot just hurts. Anyways, fun times, cool opponent.

Round 3 vs 3 delta 7b jedi, no regen, Obi, Plo, Mace.

Opponent flew great at beginning. He was dodging my vultures and maul and got two rounds of fire without me doing much. Then we were all in the middle with rocks and chertek, sense, and vultures happened. Got some good shots on mace, making him bug out. then tractored him and took him to two hull. Sensed, plo, block him. Drop his shields. Last round, we add points and Im up by a bit.

I sense Plo doing a 5k. Chertek tractors forward and gets plo in bullseye. Mace b-rolls range 1 of a vulture for points. Maul dies this round from obi and plo (who rolled all paint like 3 rounds in a row without a lock. He was on fire). Chertek kills plo. Mace whiffs his roll and vulture only takes a single dmg, then in return it finishes Mace. I win.

WIN!

Round 4 vs x6 Vulture Swarm with ESCs with 066

Meet in left middl-ish, im controlling center, he is turning into center. This match is a bumpfest with so many ship. But second round of combat is mine. I fire primary with maul and do two dmg to a vulture, then double tap and do 2 dmg to another vulture. Chertek tractored one and takes it off the board, and my vultures finish the two injured from maul. I got three vultures off that round. He begins hurting maul, meanwhile chertek is tractoring people. Last round, Chertek tractors a vulture and 1 shots it, range 1 bullseye. He finishes maul. Needs to kill a vulture to win. But dice are not on his side.

94-93, WIN!!!!

Round 5 vs 2 ion cannon, vtg, proton bomb ywings, ten numb, and uwing with leia .

2-2, working my way up the chain. I dont like seeing all this beef, with proton bombs. I bank in toward middle then 5 straight to meet his uwing, range 1. Maul tractors it on a rock, and vultures go to work injuring it. I think I dont lose a vulture, only 2 dmg on it. Next round, I block the uwing on the rock and Maul and vultures end its life. Ywings drop two bombs on maul, but I dont care about sheilds, and mauls just wants to 1 straight anyways to shoot ten.

Chertek tractors ten on a rock and hurts him. Chertek starts working on ywings and tractors one and Maul and vulture kill a ywing. Maul is hurt, and I got a vulture and chertek left. I tractor ten numb in cherteks bullseye to just trade shots. It would then be maul and vulture vs 1 ywing. I will trade that. So chertek and ten kill each other. Ywing turns, maul rolls out of arc and time is called.

WIN! 3-2

Round 6 vs torkhil mux, x3 khiraxz, seevor

UGH! Have not practiced against this, and have wanted too. I go fast towards them and they turn away towards players edge. My vultures get range 1 of his khiraxz to threaten, and Maul is range 2. Torkhil uses ability on maul and khiraxz go for the vultures since they are range 1. I think this is where my opponent screwd up this game. He should of done everything he could to Maul.

Vultures and Maul take out a khiraxz. Next round I bring Chertek in and vultures and Mauls big base block his entire list. Chertek tractors a khiraxz and my list destroys that khiraxz. Next round, chertek tractors a khiraxz, and my list destroys that khiraxz. I think its chertek, 2 vultures, and maul vs torkhil and seevor now. Torkhil gets halved, and tractored in front of a rock he is gonna fly over next round. Opponent calls game. This was a scary game, but chertek was key. Cool game, friendly opponent.

4-2!!! One more to go!

Round 7 vs Boba Fenn

SPOILER: I lost. My opponent out flew me (one of the best in the world), and i doubted two key moves. First was, I setup boba so he had to decide to go towards maul, or towards 4 droids. I 2 straighted my droids, and was about to calc and roll right, this woulda have blocked any boost, but I looked at map and was like if he dialed in a 1 or 2 bank and boosts, I still get shots. And if he banks toward maul, I got him there also. Well, he dialed in a 3 bank and went for my droids. This barely put him forward enough to boost into the back droids and take one out. I was not expecting that 3 bank, and had I rolled my droids like I intended It would been more shots on boba, and blocking him next round.

Other key mistake was in middle of game and Maul was stressed. Chertek was on fenns tail. I had a 90% certainty fenn was 1 harding left towards stressed Maul. I dialed in a 2 sharp with Maul, to turn right into Fenn and block him in Cherteks tractor. Then I picked up my dial and dialed in a 1 bank, trying to be clever, just in case he goes for my droids with Fenn doing a 3 straight, I would get a shot. So, I bank, and try to roll right with Maul, this would still block Fenn in cherteks tractor. Well, a dumb lump on a gas cloud doesnt let maul finish the roll by a millimeter. Fenn hard 1s, boosts in Maul range 1 and out of tractor arc. UGH!

Those two turns were the game. I only got half points on Boba.

LOSS. 4-3. Not bad with the mistakes I made.

This list is really good, and just needs more reps to be deadly. I havent met a list yet that I dont have a chance against. It just has something for everything I feel like. Ace counter with Chertek and Sense on Maul. Blockers. Beef. Ship count. Tractors aka control element. Nothing not to like.

I did make top 16 separatist faction though! So got the DFS droid gold alt art.

Had a great time at Worlds and hanging out with everyone. Other than main event, Aces High was the highlight. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and was what you saw people playing on the side tables. Just get 4-6 friends and a ship and have a great time.

The loot!

3IrKo31.jpg

Oh you DID bring it to worlds. Nice!

Oooh the plo. I really want the plo lol

6 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Oh you DID bring it to worlds. Nice!

Yeah, I felt comfortable with it and could go 5-2. I Just like all that it offers.

Looks good. I’d be tempted to trade sense for grappling struts but that’s just my style. Did you find you needed Maul’s tractor beam as well as Chertek?

5 hours ago, Estarriol said:

Looks good. I’d be tempted to trade sense for grappling struts but that’s just my style. Did you find you needed Maul’s tractor beam as well as Chertek?

Mauls tractor beam is very useful. It allows chertek to get rerolls on medium and large ships. It is basically a blinded pilot to 1 agility ships near rocks. I got it on a Uwing in my 4th game? and the Uwing got put on a rock and range 1&2 of my 4 drones. Next round it got blocked on that rock and died without ever firing. Ten Numb had range 1 on my drones and got tossed on a rock. Tractoring also can waste tokens on high agi ships. They definately dont want to get tractored and will spend everything they have not too.

Chertek was awesome in just about every game. Versus another drone swarm, he flanked and once he was in range 1, a drone was tractored every turn and 1 shot a couple of them. In the Torkhil, Seevor, x3 Khiraxz match, chertek tractored a Khiraxz and in 3 rounds, 3 dead khiraxz. He is the ace counter in the list. In Sinker Swarm practice, he is the sheep herder and herds Ric Olie off the flank and towards the action. Combo Chertek with Sense, and you can take on just about any ace in the game.

Great write up - really enjoyed it!

Well played and keep us posted on any changes you make to this in future, love the list.

@wurms I have been playing around with versions of this list now and it really is a blast to fly. Haven't played it in person yet, but a few games online definitely showed a lot of power.

I decided to drop the 4th Vulture for a few more tricks, mainly because I love Struts although the system phase nonsense was fun. (Decloak into a Delayed Fuse bomb followed by a 5K was sweet.) My build was:

Chertek: Crack Shot, Ensnare

Maul: Sense, Proton Bombs, Title, Delayed Fuses, General Grievous, Tractor Beam

3x I1 Vultures: Struts

(197)

I generally only fly 2-3 ship lists and getting the vultures into position is going to take some practice, but once there I loved having some blockers/weapon platforms that draw fire away from the others and chip some good attacks through, especially once something is tractor beamed. Chertek is so much fun and being able to move multiple ships a round has seemed powerful, my biggest issue so far is knowing how aggressive to be with Maul and even more so with the Nantex. I have also considered dropping some upgrades to get Dooku, an extra force is useful and if your charges are full and you tractor someone on a rock, being able to guarantee the crit could be solid.

1 hour ago, FriendofYoda said:

@wurms I have been playing around with versions of this list now and it really is a blast to fly. Haven't played it in person yet, but a few games online definitely showed a lot of power.

I decided to drop the 4th Vulture for a few more tricks, mainly because I love Struts although the system phase nonsense was fun. (Decloak into a Delayed Fuse bomb followed by a 5K was sweet.) My build was:

Chertek: Crack Shot, Ensnare

Maul: Sense, Proton Bombs, Title, Delayed Fuses, General Grievous, Tractor Beam

3x I1 Vultures: Struts

(197)

I generally only fly 2-3 ship lists and getting the vultures into position is going to take some practice, but once there I loved having some blockers/weapon platforms that draw fire away from the others and chip some good attacks through, especially once something is tractor beamed. Chertek is so much fun and being able to move multiple ships a round has seemed powerful, my biggest issue so far is knowing how aggressive to be with Maul and even more so with the Nantex. I have also considered dropping some upgrades to get Dooku, an extra force is useful and if your charges are full and you tractor someone on a rock, being able to guarantee the crit could be solid.

Nice! I have not dabbled with the list like that yet. I wanted grevious on Maul, but that was mainly it and didnt feel dropping a ship, or chertek to a generic was worth it. Will have to play around some.

Someone took the list to top 32 in St. Louis Grand Champs, only they use Dooku instead of Maul. They dropped the tractor beam for Scimitar and grevious. Not sure if I like this more. Tractorbeam was crucial in many of my matches. But Dooku is tougher survival for sure with that cloak. Maul can get torn to pieces if he lands in the wrong place (like my first match at Worlds :P )

Count Dooku (63)
Sense (5)
General Grievous (3)
Scimitar (4)

Chertek (39)
Ensnare (10)

Total: 200

Edited by wurms

Dooku could be solid, I do enjoy Maul’s ability vs rival Vultures though, he cuts trough them pretty well. I have also found Tractor on Maul to be essential, helps Ensnare also be a threat vs the larger base sizes. Title on Maul hasn’t really been worth it, I have found bombs to give a nice additional ace threat however.

The approach on the Nantex is so strange, once it starts knife fighting it’s great but keeping it alive early has proven tricky.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:47 PM, FriendofYoda said:

The approach on the Nantex is so strange, once it starts knife fighting it’s great but keeping it alive early has proven tricky.

I never sent Chertek in on first engagement. Let those vultures close down range 1 and get some blocks and have Maul right in their face and they will want range 1 shots on vultures and Maul instead of trying to hunt Chertek. THey have a choice of "Shoot chertek at range 3, or this vulutre at range 1?" But little do they know, that next round, chertek is closing range 1 and its all over. Only ever lost Chertek in one match, and that was because I chose to trade Chertek for Ten Numb because it clinched the game for me.

Edited by wurms

I wanne give your list a go- do you have a recommended set up?

hi do u have any links to youtube to your games at worlds ??

On 1/6/2020 at 12:39 AM, Dzik85 said:

hi do u have any links to youtube to your games at worlds ??

My games were not streamed, sorry.