First edition quest guide?

By Lightningclaw, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just got a copy of Descent 1st edition. Unfortunately, it’s missing the rulebook (no big deal, that and the FAQ are online) and the quest guide.

Try as I might, I haven’t been able to find a first edition quest guide online. I realize FFG does not publish quest guides, but I figured a pdf would be readily available for a massive game that’s been ~8 years out of print.

Does anyone have a pdf scan of the quest guide? I would really appreciate it.

I have that book but in French, so i'm not sure it would of some help to you.

I think the reason that you don't find the Descent 1st Edition Quest guide in a PDF is because the guide itself is larger (far wider) than typical residential scanners. You would need to take it to a commercial shop, and most commercial shops won't do it as you don't own the copyrights to the document.

Because it is so difficult to find this game anymore, I tried creating my own backup electronic copy (PDF) of the quest guide, but I always became stumped as to how to generate a reasonably good copy due to it being over sized. Each page would take 2 scans, and then trying to find a way to combine them would simply be ugly.

Lately, I have been thinking of taking photos of each of the pages, converting the photos into PDFs and then merging it into all one PDF document.

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

Lately, I have been thinking of taking photos of each of the pages, converting the photos into PDFs and then merging it into all one PDF document.

This is what I'd suggest.

Finally got off of the stick and did it this morning. The results are acceptable and make a good backup.

Thank you to everyone. I’m very excited to finally play 1st edition with my group.

I'd look for the quest guide on ebay

Anyway you could throw me that PDF As well?

Any chance someone could send these to me as well. I'm looking for the Road to Legend book as well. My copies are in storage on the other side of the world, and I'm looking to play some games during lockdown on TableTop simulator.

If this picture PDF is available, can someone send it to me or send me a link to it please? I have found a Spanish version, but translating it is a bit difficult.