A Warlords Game ?

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Greetings, Compatriots.

The last two multi-player strategy games on this forum fell apart, but we have a history of three successful games before that. I feel bad about the last two games (I effectively killed one, and was very much winning the second), and I would really like to play / GM a successful game.

I'm curious if there are keen folks to participate in a game of this kind.

If we were to play a game, would you like a team game, or individual style?

I would reform some of my rules if I were to GM, but would maintain a simple play and resolution system.

Thoughts?

Edited by LTD

You know I’m always ready to join or help with content. 🙂 My preference is a free-for-all that convincingly rewards aggression over passive play more than past games, but a more narrative-focused game could be neat as well.

Given our proclivity for mafia, I’ve also had an idea rattling around my brain for a closed information warlords (where you aren’t exactly clear on who’s attacking who, etc.)

I'm always eager. I don't particularly have a preferance.

I would be interested in an individual style warlords game in which the number of planets is no more than triple the number of players. I sort of liked the team idea, but I missed the IC discussion, so I'd prefer to go back to individual.

Or a trading game.

A map for a game you plan to run, or a map for a game I might run?

1 hour ago, LTD said:

A map for a game you plan to run, or a map for a game I might run?

A game you might run if you want, I really don’t have the time at the moment. I’ll send you what I’m working on so far, let me know if there are changes I should make or incorporate.

My good intentions have come into conflict with my one free month of a streaming service that includes ten seasons of Adventure Time.

Perhaps when that month comes to an end I will start something - or when I get bored of Finn and Jake.

Bored already?

I was bored at work, which is a different set of circumstances.

@LTD and @The Jabbawookie I'm in.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

I would be interested in an individual style warlords game in which the number of planets is no more than triple the number of players. I sort of liked the team idea, but I missed the IC discussion, so I'd prefer to go back to individual.

Or a trading game.

Agree.

I think F'Tarq was my favorite so far.