Not so Lucasarts story :) Campaign help (Maybe 1st of many)

By MasterX87, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Hi All!

I'm sure this has been done. But I would like to get some feedback, tips, constructive criticism, you name it for my plans. Might break this into Segments so I do not unload everything I have planned into one long drawn out post.

I am going to start an Age of Rebellion campaign as a GM. (First Time GM-ing a Home-brew)

My campaign is going to be based loosely off Star Wars Dark Forces/ other Lucas-Art games/ & current Canon Comics as well.

The PCs in this adventure is going to be a Rogue One type gang. Medic/Spy/Soldier/Bounty Hunter turned Rebel/

The Campaign will take place 2 days after the Battle Of Yavin in which the Rebels have abandoned that base and are now seeking a new Rebel base to centralize their forces. Currently, Rebel Cells are Scattered across the Mid & Outer rim portions of the galaxy & are frantically trying to find their new base of operations. Yadayadayadaya..

1 st Segment...

I'm planning on starting this adventure with our PC's aboard the Mako-Ta Space Station waiting for orders.

This is when we usually " talk downtime ." Basically, me just asking what their characters would be doing, ie. Calibrating/Running diagnostics on various things, cleaning weapons, working out, Eating, Interacting with their environment. Making them perform rolls if need be & handing out Pending Boosts for their future rolls depending if the skill check calls for it.

Not sure if there should be an Encounter here. Like maybe another Sec Ops group that are bitter but playful rivals of my PCs trying to start a fight? ¯\_( )_/¯

Suddenly they are rushed into the command room where they meet their Commanding Officer. In this meeting, they are told there is possible Imperial spy among them & are instructed to go to the planet Rori (Moon of Naboo) & find out any information regarding the sudden loss of communications to one of their key secret bases in the Mid-rim. (Reconnaissance Mission)

They aboard their light transport with several additional soldiers for assistance & off they go.

Now. I know this will be a little rail-road(y) But I think this would be cool if it is done right. A mini-game Encounter if you will.

As they approach the planet and their landing destination. I would love to do an Encounter here where unbeknownst to them, SOMETHING starts attacking their transport. Two small to be a ship since they cannot see using the ships Scanners are being Jammed. As the ship is taking Critical Damage the crew is doing everything in their power to make sure they reach their destination alive.

This is where I can use some help. I want to make a mini-game kinda like the beginner box/Long Arm of the Hutt, after stealing the Krayt Fang where you must quickly do things in the ship.

Cool checks obviously to make sure no one lose their heads while being attacked. Maybe the ship systems go offline so they can’t open the door for a successful drop so they must perform several mechanic checks to get the system back up and running. Setbacks & boost are applied. A fire erupts in the cockpit & needs to be put out or they lose the pilots. Again, setbacks & boosts applied Eventually I want them to pass out due to strain. Wake up & find themselves a little off course. Scavenging the ship for any useful parts Tending to any wounded (If there is any), Foraging for rations to start their trek through the jungle. Making Survival checks and such to get to the remains of the base.

Again, any help fleshing this Module out would be indeed appreciated. Luckily enough only one of my buddies have played Dark Forces so the others won’t know of DARK TROOPERS or anything like that but I want them to go through a series of unsolved mysteries while completing side missions until they get to the big baddy.

I remember glancing at this topic about a month ago and being busy. Sorry that I haven't gotten back to it till now.

Part of this is going to depend on your group.

I also have to assume that you already got the first couple of sessions under your belt?

At first blush it sounds like you have a good framework already planned out so follow that.

I'm not a big fan of in-fighting, so my campaign avoids that. My first couple of sessions we spent time on expositional encounters with key NPC's that would be present at the new rebel base. The first combat encounter was a rescue where a tech team were being hunted by poisoned crazed local predators.

For your long overarching mystery, you'll need to sit down and figure out what that mystery is. I tend to start from the perspective of, what are the opponents doing? What's their motivation? Where, when, what who, why. Then I decide which bread crumbs to sprinkle out for the players to discover.

Side missions can help advance the main plot, but sometimes something 'comes up' that needs to be dealt with and off on a side quest we go!