SIZE Matters ...

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Chart is fully expandable.

tzyrz33t94r31.jpg

And of course my ultimate love for scale.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

It's honestly hard to believe the Death Star isn't twice that size.

9 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Chart is fully expandable.

tzyrz33t94r31.jpg

Some stats are wrong. Like:

Rebel Transport is 90 meters.

Arquitens (not Arqiens) is 325 meters.

And I didn't find the Nebulon-B Frigate

12 minutes ago, Odanan said:

And I didn't find the Nebulon-B Frigate

The neb is just below the rear end of the home one and above the tip of the nose of the subjugator battleship.

Edited by Forgottenlore
2 hours ago, Odanan said:

Some stats are wrong. Like:

Rebel Transport is 90 meters.

Like the Corellian Corvette, there are variations on the Troop Transport, this maybe a ‘heavy’ one.

61gce5umx4e41.jpg

Time to play "Where's Starship" (sort of like Where's Waldo)

Starship to look for

The Great Fox from Star Fox

Star Fox Team, 890 meters

I rearranged it from franchise, faction, ship class, and size to ship class and franchise, followed by faction and size.

Edited by Marinealver
16 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Time to play "Where's Starship" (sort of like Where's Waldo)

Starship to look for

The Great Fox from Star Fox

Star Fox Team, 890 meters

I rearranged it from franchise, faction, ship class, and size to ship class and franchise, followed by faction and size.

This is actually an incorrect length. It's 890 space meters! What the **** is a Space Meter? My goodness, NOBODY seems to know! But hear me out, me and a friend deduced The Great Fox's size some time ago!

So Fox McCloud is 5'8. I can't show my work because I'm at a different setup right now, but I compared a bunch of images- such as Fox in the cockpit of SFZ's Arwing and scaled Fox to fit. That way I got the proper scale of the most iconic Arwing's shape. (SFZ's is literally just 64's, with extra transformation features and zero silhouette changes to really make note of.)

So Fox McCloud is 1.5m tall- and using their height, we can get a good scale on the Arwing, which is just about 7.8m long. This lines up with basically every title BUT Star Fox Assault.

So we're at about 3.5sm for every actual metric meter.

By the end of it, we get a Great Fox that's NO larger than 260m long. Now you might think this is bunk, but let me go ahead and show you that it's not. Behold.

Taking the most recent game that is consistent with most other depictions, you can very clearly see ROB-64 at the timestamp.

So yeah. About 270m.

My girlfriend has informed me that "sm" for Space Meter, is basically just a foot. She's right. Told you people she's smarter than me.

13 hours ago, KCDodger said:

My girlfriend has informed me that "sm" for Space Meter, is basically just a foot. She's right. Told you people she's smarter than me.

This is hilarious. I really have to wonder if this was intentional.

4 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

This is hilarious. I really have to wonder if this was intentional.

It is entirely likely.

It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it.

latest?cb=20060801173208

I've seen this pic several times before, and imo they clutter it up TOO much, to where you often can mistake what's what.. I wish they'd have made it separated via faction...

3 hours ago, Odanan said:

It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it.

Easily the greatest loss from the EU.

3 hours ago, McFoy said:

Easily the greatest loss from the EU.

What???

4 hours ago, Odanan said:

What???

Other than the creator maybe, I might be the only person who genuinely likes the Suncrusher. Other than looking a bit goofy it's a 10/10 superweapon.

I liked its concept, not its execution.

Kyp Duran right? Hans little buddy that turned out to be bad Jedi from Kessel?

Spectres of the past guys..... (not the book lol just personally)

Edited by JBFancourt
On 2/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, KCDodger said:

This is actually an incorrect length. It's 890 space meters! What the **** is a Space Meter? My goodness, NOBODY seems to know! But hear me out, me and a friend deduced The Great Fox's size some time ago!

So Fox McCloud is 5'8. I can't show my work because I'm at a different setup right now, but I compared a bunch of images- such as Fox in the cockpit of SFZ's Arwing and scaled Fox to fit. That way I got the proper scale of the most iconic Arwing's shape. (SFZ's is literally just 64's, with extra transformation features and zero silhouette changes to really make note of.)

So Fox McCloud is 1.5m tall- and using their height, we can get a good scale on the Arwing, which is just about 7.8m long. This lines up with basically every title BUT Star Fox Assault.

So we're at about 3.5sm for every actual metric meter.

By the end of it, we get a Great Fox that's NO larger than 260m long. Now you might think this is bunk, but let me go ahead and show you that it's not. Behold.

Taking the most recent game that is consistent with most other depictions, you can very clearly see ROB-64 at the timestamp.

So yeah. About 270m.

I just took the information from the poster.

So I assume you were able to find it? Post up a different ship to find then.

7 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I just took the information from the poster.

So I assume you were able to find it? Post up a different ship to find then.

Huh? No I just did the research, unlike half of this damned poster.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, KCDodger said:

Huh? No I just did the research, unlike half of this damned poster.

Oh okay.

game_over_glow.gif I guess :unsure:

Really nice poster, especially as it does some of the more obscure scifi stuff.

Selection is a bit awkward in some cases, the x-th Honorverse combat ship e.g., as out of necessity they all look rather similar and thus bland. There it would have been nice to cut down a bit on the numbers, and instead put in the Honorverse "Sirius" Q-ship. As well as e.g. the Galaxy Quest anatagonist "K'ragk-Vort't".

And some sizes are off.

E.g. I do not buy the "Fhloston Paraside" being that small, only 250meters.

4 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Really nice poster, especially as it does some of the more obscure scifi stuff.

Selection is a bit awkward in some cases, the x-th Honorverse combat ship e.g., as out of necessity they all look rather similar and thus bland. There it would have been nice to cut down a bit on the numbers, and instead put in the Honorverse "Sirius" Q-ship. As well as e.g. the Galaxy Quest anatagonist "K'ragk-Vort't".

And some sizes are off.

E.g. I do not buy the "Fhloston Paraside" being that small, only 250meters.

They also list the Bebop's name as Jet... so, nice poster if you ignore the text.