Felucian Blue Flowers

By Rcracken7, in Terrain Building

So I’m planning out a Felucia board (which, when I start, will be documented on these forums) and I was trying to think of ways to make those iconic blue flowers that dot the landscape. 08A2DA00-455A-4312-8FEA-C2BF7B295789.jpeg.c352f3937517158a844d0a6d27768be1.jpeg

I’m almost positive I have seen some real-world flowers very similar to these, and I think I could use fake ones to replicate them, but I’m not sure what the earth flowers are called. Does anyone know? And does anyone have any other ideas on how to make them?

-Thanks

Those looks likes cobaea scandens , maybe that's the flower you're looking for?

13 hours ago, ResoluteHusky said:

Those looks likes cobaea scandens , maybe that's the flower you're looking for?

Those look like the ones, thanks!

Your local hobby/craft store with a selection of silk flowers will likely have something that will be similar enough, though you may have trouble getting the scale right. Reproducing the translucent effect will be tough... off the top of my head I'd suggest using the top 1/3 of a plastic 2-liter bottle, maybe with "petals" cut and folded over around the top?

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Really looking forward to seeing this table come to life. I fell in love with Felucia playing The Force Unleashed. Although I am working on "Interior" tables, (Death Star/Star Destroyer and Bespin) I would enjoy having a Felucia table once I pick up a Clone Wars army. (waiting on Phase 2 troopers)

Now is the time to hit Michaels or Hobby Lobby since they are set up with Holiday decorations for the rest of the year. Between Hallowen and Christmas floral decor you are sure to find plenty of fauna that looks other worldly. Also if you haven't done it already play EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 and run around the Felucia map. Some parts are absolutely gorgeou. (it can be done in single player)