Leia's Interrogation Aboard the Death Star

By player3412539, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Question: Leia's Interrogation Aboard the Death Star?

I'm curious how this works within the context of the game. I see the IT-O in GG1-1E. It has a Knowledge skill called Interrogation Techniques 4D+2. (GG1-2E completely revamped the IT-0, making it mucho meaner, with almost twice the skill level in a Knowledge specialty skill called Intimidation: Interrogation 7D+2.)

There's not much guidance on how the droid works and uses that skill. I'm assuming the droid rolls Interrogation Techniques 4D+2 against Leia's Stamina 6D. No wonder she withstood the interrogation.

Now, if the 2E version was used, it doesn't make sense that Leia withstood the interrogation (unless a Force Point was used, and that point applied to the entire interrogation--not just one attempt on one round).

Thoughts on how the IT-O works, with respect to the game rules?

At least in the 2nd Edition, Revised and Expanded version, interrogation would be an opposed roll, but there could be modifiers. For example, if Leia has been trained to resist Imperial interrogation techniques, she might have a +10 advantage to her Willpower roll (6D+1 as of the Battle of Yavin). That would make her fairly difficult for 7D+2 Interrogation droid to break. Add in any character points or force points she may have used, and she could have held out for a while.

But Leia's probably a bit tougher than most of the folks on the receiving end of an IT-0's manipulators.