Normandy Release Reviews

By Interceptor2, in Tide of Iron

As I have been following the reviews of the release of the Normandy expansion, I'll be the first to admit I was very wrong in my speculation about this expansion. I had said I would probably skip it as I did not think it would add too much to the base game. As I follow the release of this expansion, I see I was very wrong. I will definately purchase this expansion. I am especially excited about destructable buildings and buidlings with a specific role (like a hospital). How cool is that? Also, I read that untis will be able to fight from the rubble of destroyed buildings. Rock on! All the other stuff in this expansion seems so cool as well, and I'm especially excited to play the campaign, following the exploits of specific units...this really adds some depth to the game. I must give FFG and the Tide of Iron designers credit for the direction they are taking this game. I'm really glad they are supporting the Tide of Iron system and giving a lot of thought to bettering the Tide of Iron experience. Also, it would seem to me that the thought given to using buildings and structures in the game is indicative of fore-thought being given to an Eastern Front expansion, with some real urban fighting in Russia.

Interceptor said:

As I have been following the reviews of the release of the Normandy expansion, I'll be the first to admit I was very wrong in my speculation about this expansion. I had said I would probably skip it as I did not think it would add too much to the base game. As I follow the release of this expansion, I see I was very wrong. I will definately purchase this expansion. I am especially excited about destructable buildings and buidlings with a specific role (like a hospital). How cool is that? Also, I read that untis will be able to fight from the rubble of destroyed buildings. Rock on! All the other stuff in this expansion seems so cool as well, and I'm especially excited to play the campaign, following the exploits of specific units...this really adds some depth to the game. I must give FFG and the Tide of Iron designers credit for the direction they are taking this game. I'm really glad they are supporting the Tide of Iron system and giving a lot of thought to bettering the Tide of Iron experience. Also, it would seem to me that the thought given to using buildings and structures in the game is indicative of fore-thought being given to an Eastern Front expansion, with some real urban fighting in Russia.

You said it! cool.gif

Although I'm reading some very interesting things about a Pacific deal by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg for HBO in the coming year.

Hell, who am I kidding, I would like to see it all eventually! TOI is a fantastic game, I'll be on board with whatever they decide to come out with. happy.gif