kwtVVmP.png

We see this ship in the trailer.

Scum players will still complain in 3 ... 2 ... 1

🤣

11 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

🤣

I mean, it is brown.

OTOH, seems sleek enough. I could see it having a nifty cannon-based ship ability or config (just kinda looks like it's got more than standard blasters). That'd be fun.

Edited by theBitterFig

OK, here's my version.

Statline: 2/2/4/2.

Actions: Focus, Lock, Red Barrel Roll, Red Boost

Dial: mostly X-Wing like no 1-hard, but has 3-hard, all white, with OK blues, a decent flip or two at some speed. *edit* how about great blues but nothing to do with them?

1. white banks, straight
  2. blue hards, banks, straight ; red K
  3. white hards, blue banks, straight
  4. white straight
  5. red K

Slots: Cannon, Illicit, Mod

Ship ability: After you perform a cannon attack, you may perform a bonus primary attack against a different target. If the cannon attack missed, you may attack the same target instead. (basically, Maul's ability... I know some 1e TIE/D fans would be salty, but there's a big difference: this ship doesn't have a TIE Defender's statline or dial).

Cost: High 30s, low 40s. Release price should be 41+ with any remotely reasonable cannon equipped, reduced as needed. Best to start off safe.

Edited by theBitterFig

That is a very pretty ship, and I'm very much here for it.

Okay, so not an R-28 it seems. I'm getting really strong Z-95 vibes from it though. :D

7 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

🤣

About what? The wing tip guns (my big beef with allot of Star Wars designs)? In this one it isn't depending on them for the entirety of its baseline bite thanks to the nose guns covering the central threat convergence zone, and even then the placement of them doesn't have half a city block's worth of space between them requiring additional pointless mass for gimbals so it can shoot what is right in front of its nose.

Nevermind, misread

Edited by Hiemfire
9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Actions: Focus, Lock, Red Barrel Roll, Red Boost

Why Red Barrel Roll?

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Ow... While interesting flavor wise, just having 1 banks as the slowest maneuver will hurt.

Tie's of all kind would like to have a talk with you.

Going slow slow is for newbie, going fast all the time is where it's at!

With the visual profile of this thing, I can kinda see it having a choice of a bunch of K-turn. Something like 2k, 4k, 5k. The needle like shape makes me think it would be hard to bank with this so no sloops or Troll. And a fast dial that doesn't really bank! :P

1 minute ago, DarthSempai said:

With the visual profile of this thing, I can kinda see it having a choice of a bunch of K-turn. Something like 2k, 4k, 5k. The needle like shape makes me think it would be hard to bank with this so no sloops or Troll. And a fast dial that doesn't really bank! :P

I edited my post. I had thought @theBitterFig had written "no 1 straight" which is the bog standard (Z-95 and Quadjumper exempted) Scum small base dial flaw (all dials have flaws, it is what gives them flavor) and they hadn't. What they outline is basically the Z-95/T-65 dial with different blues and likely different advanced maneuvers.

18 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Why Red Barrel Roll?

Seems like fair compensation for having both boost and barrel roll. Most midrange jousters only have one of the two basic movement actions, and usually not boost. Having both would be a nice thing, fairly unique, but as a downside, they'd both be red. That's easily fixable by use of Engine Upgrade or Expert Handling. Thinking more about it, I could even see the thing as having really good blues. Like, all the 2s, and maybe the 3-bank and 3-straight (1-straigth and bank as white?). That'd be a pretty neat dial. Great blues, but not a lot of high-value things to do with that stress clearing.

To that end, I hope the Republic Z-95, whenever it gets released, would have fairly similar actions. Red Roll like the Scum/Rebel versions, but also a red boost, just to make it interesting, compared to either the Scum/Rebel versions, but also the Torrent. There hasn't been a cheap swarmer with a boost yet, and it'd be cool.

17 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

I think @Hiemfire was envisioning a dial a lot like the 1e TIE Advanced, which had 1-banks but no hard or straight, which felt kind of awkward. Also, those were like the only blue banks on the 1e TIE/x1. It did feel kind of awkward a lot of the time.

Having a 2k and a 5k would be a really fun set of moves.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Seems like fair compensation for having both boost and barrel roll. Most midrange jousters only have one of the two basic movement actions, and usually not boost. Having both would be a nice thing, fairly unique, but as a downside, they'd both be red.

Okay, your coming from an expected role perspective. Looking at how the mass is distributed both along the long axis (nose to tail) and around the centerline of the wing I'm having a hard time seeing it. Appearance wise it looks like it was meant to roll easily. It is more like a T-65 with its mass distribution (mass roughly equitable balanced above and below the centerline of the wings) than a Z-95 (which has most of the mass below the wings) from what I can see.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Okay, your coming from an expected role perspective. Looking at how the mass is distributed both along the long axis (nose to tail) and around the centerline of the wing I'm having a hard time seeing it. Appearance wise it looks like it was meant to roll easily. It is more like a T-65 with its mass distribution (mass roughly equitable balanced above and below the centerline of the wings) than a Z-95 (which has most of the mass below the wings) from what I can see.

Get your physics out of my space fantasy!

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Get your physics out of my space fantasy!

No. :P

Still, it is a beautifully done ship.

15 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Appearance wise it looks like it was meant to roll easily.

Give it roll linked to a red bendy roll and high Init pilots. It's Scums turn to break the game next.

Failing that, can we have a bit more 3 hard on our small bases please.

2 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

It's Scums turn to break the game next.

Nah, I think Imps with Ion Bombs come 1st quarter next year will get that badge...

4 hull, 3 agl, 3 attack bullseye, 2 attack turret, tracors itself to repo and moves turret, puts tractor on other ships

14 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

4 hull, 3 agl, 3 attack bullseye, 2 attack turret, tracors itself to repo and moves turret, puts tractor on other ships

Dude, we get it. You hate the Nantex so much it fills your every waking moment... Please stop spamming about it in threads not related to that ship.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Dude, we get it. You hate the Nantex so much it fills your every waking moment... Please stop spamming about it in threads not related to that ship.

I was just referencing a hypothetical statline and ability suite...maybe you have the problem 😛

44 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Nah, I think Imps with Ion Bombs come 1st quarter next year will get that badge...

@Hiemfire That’s so sexy 💕

1 minute ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@Hiemfire That’s so sexy 💕

Not if you're on the receiving end.

Bounty Hunter dial, stats, slots and action bar hypothesis:

Stat line: 3/2/3/2

Action bar: Focus, Lock, Barrel Roll, Red Boost.

Slots: Illicit, Mod

Dial:

1; blue banks and straight

2; white turns, blue banks, blue straight

3; blue straight, white banks and turns, red Tallons

4; white straight

5; red Kturn

Its mass distribution looks to me to probably cause a bit of a tail slide effect when it does a turn around so basic turns won't de-stress and any advanced maneuvers end up covering a fair bit of distance precluding slow advanced maneuvers. The white barrel roll in effect fulfills the same role as a ship ability normally would so nothing else there. Red boost due to engine position. While balanced nicely for rolling them pushing the ship from that far out from the centerline and being that far back on the ship looks like it will cause a fair bit of stress on the ship and pilot via vibration. No special weapon slot as a flavor thing. It doesn't look to have the space for missiles or torpedoes and the weapons we do see could all be part of the primary loadout.

Edited by Hiemfire
28 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Not if you're on the receiving end.

The Empire Giveth and The Empire Taketh away.

And then Taketh a little more.

It reminds me of the SR-2 Normandy, I love it

Oh, sexy. Small base or Medium- I'm assuming small base? Needs to have a better name than Bounty Hunter fighter though, that is a pretty lazy name for a ship. I'm looking for a good companion for my Kihraxz/Fangs, so this might fit the bill right nicely. Looks like it will be fun to paint as well!