HoB: Dead or Drowning - yay or nay

By thinkbomb, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

this is more just general chat - but i kiiiinda think this is one of the weakest/worst missions in the campaign?

What's your thoughts?

(I'm really asking because I'm still on that plot-re-write project for Heirs of Blood. That's requiring me to read these missions in depth ... and I'm just looking at this wondering if anyone else feels the same way)

Story or design wise? My group played it, but it’s been years. I remember thinking the fire and water mechanics that it had were pretty interesting.

Edit: Ah, wrong quest. I have not played this quest, but I like the intricate map and hysteric crowd elements.

Personally, I’ve been impressed with each mission I have played in Heirs Of Blood- the only outlier has been The Baron Returns. I wasn’t terribly impressed with that quest. Dead or Drowning has always looked fun to me, though.

Edited by Lightningclaw
On 10/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Lightningclaw said:

Story or design wise? My group played it, but it’s been years. I remember thinking the fire and water mechanics that it had were pretty interesting.

Edit: Ah, wrong quest. I have not played this quest, but I like the intricate map and hysteric crowd elements.

Personally, I’ve been impressed with each mission I have played in Heirs Of Blood- the only outlier has been The Baron Returns. I wasn’t terribly impressed with that quest. Dead or Drowning has always looked fun to me, though.

yeah, I like the mechanics of Lord of Flame. That one's good