Sector Fleet: bye points?

By Thraug, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Does anyone know what the MoV and tourney points are for BYES in Sector Fleet games/tourneys? They aren't in the Sector Fleet rules and the Tournament Regulation document wasn't updated for Sector Fleet rules.

Byes for 400 point normal games give the player 8 tourney points and 140 MoV. since that is the middle reward row I can only assume for Sector Fleet byes the reward would be 220 MoV and 8 tourney points?

Cryodex doesn't account for Sector Fleet games so that's another story.....maybe I'll add a quick hack to it for our Sector Fleet tourney tomorrow!

EDIT: I forgot to specify the points are for BYE games. the MoV table for Sector Fleet games is in the sector fleet rules.

Edited by Thraug

It would seem there are no rules in place here.

The most intuitive solution is to scale MoV up proportionally (so 90 + increments of 120 for 600 point games, 120 + increments of 160 for 800 point games, etc.)

This leaves a wider ceiling for 10-1s, but such decisive wins are also harder to get at this scale.

38 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It would seem there are no rules in place here.

The most intuitive solution is to scale MoV up proportionally (so 90 + increments of 120 for 600 point games, 120 + increments of 160 for 800 point games, etc.)

This leaves a wider ceiling for 10-1s, but such decisive wins are also harder to get at this scale.

I think I lead you astray. Tthere is a MoV table for Sector Fleet games, in the Sector Fleet rules. But, they do not mention points received for byes. The normal rule for byes is 8 tourney points and 140 MoV, which is the middle row on the normal MoV table. I'm asserting the middle row for the Fleet Sector MoV table should be used for byes, 8 tourney points and 220 MoV. Sound good?

On 9/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, Thraug said:

I think I lead you astray. Tthere is a MoV table for Sector Fleet games, in the Sector Fleet rules. But, they do not mention points received for byes. The normal rule for byes is 8 tourney points and 140 MoV, which is the middle row on the normal MoV table. I'm asserting the middle row for the Fleet Sector MoV table should be used for byes, 8 tourney points and 220 MoV. Sound good?

I would agree with this. If I was running an event for Sector Fleet, that is how I would score a bye.