Arkham Nights 2019 Predictions for MoM 2nd ed.

By Lipstickpaddy, in Mansions of Madness

Ooh, big reveals incoming... hopefully on 11th October for us Mansion fans.

My first prediction is we see an update to the app. One that records your actions from the 1st story in Path of the Serpent, to add a legacy light element to the other 2 stories in the expansion. This could be a test to a future longer legacy expansion that uses the plethora of tiles we have, that is all us with all the expansions.

Second prediction is an update to older content on the app, to add more random tile layouts in the stories if you have more expansions.

Third prediction is the announcement of the future of MoM, as we have seen the end of the big box, smaller box release format, with Path of the Serpent ending the trend being the 2nd big box release.

So do you have any to add and whatever the case, can't wait for more details come Arkham Nights 2019.

Posted also to BGG in case FF devs read our predictions there rather than here.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/33025248#33025248

I know this won't be happening anytime soon (or probably at all) but there is a massive shift on the minis since the original core set was released.

For instance (from the Arkham Horror Premium Figure Collection ):

ah45_main.png ah23_main.png ah48_main.png

Vs.

mad28_figures-on-background.png

In addition to the quality, the scale has increased slightly. (This is unbelievably noticeable in my last LCG team of Joe Diamond and Diana Stanley; he looks like a frail eight-year-old given guns next to her.)

So I'd really like to see a cosmetic expansion which releases all of the original minis (and even early MoM2 minis) as assembly models like those from SW: Legion.

As for predictions, I'm not expecting too much. I'd really like some DLCs which require multiple expansions, so that they don't rely so heavily on the core set monsters.

I expect more DLC or app changes soon. I'm hoping for a legacy element. Tariffs have been tough on board game companies, but digital content allows them to avoid that problem. I don't see them undertaking any big physical changes until that situation is stable.

Just catching up on MoM after 6 months playing other games - did anything come out of this? Any idea what is coming next? Thanks!

23 hours ago, ellhaynes said:

Just catching up on MoM after 6 months playing other games - did anything come out of this? Any idea what is coming next? Thanks!

As far as why the quality of the figures increased, we got an answer to that from a AMA with Andrew Navarro, the new head of FFG.

In regards to the future of the game, no... nothing came out of Arkham Nights (and I pestered Kara about it personally). One interesting tidbit is that at least one new designer, Amudha Venugopalan, was added to the team for Path of the Serpent... so that bodes well for more expansions in the future.

Edited by KBlumhardt