Defense

By bblaney001, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

1 hour ago, Varlie said:

How is this thread not locked yet? Pretty much asked and answered on the first week and then a month of arguing

Nobody's reported anything to the mods, who apparently take a very hands-off approach to handling things.

If past experiences are anything to go by, threads only get locked when folks started getting reported for forum violations.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, Varlie said:

How is this thread not locked yet? Pretty much asked and answered on the first week and then a month of arguing

Let them play! I have a "three pass rule" for the Internet. I'm happy to discuss anything with anybody. If, however, I've gone back and forth with someone three times and we appear to be talking past one another, or the discussion has become a re-enactment of the Somme, I just leave it in my rear-view mirror. That becomes a "one pass" rule if they start in with ad hominem attacks or straw men or mischaracterizations. If people want to beat the same horse until it becomes a fly ridden zombie they are within their rights. Insofar as they aren't being abusive or cynically unfair, who am I to deny them their strangely necrotic joy? I guess my point is, if you feel a discussion has become a dead letter, stop participating and leave it to those who prefer asbestos underoos.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:45 AM, Vondy said:

Let them play! I have a "three pass rule" for the Internet. I'm happy to discuss anything with anybody. If, however, I've gone back and forth with someone three times and we appear to be talking past one another, or the discussion has become a re-enactment of the Somme, I just leave it in my rear-view mirror. That becomes a "one pass" rule if they start in with ad hominem attacks or straw men or mischaracterizations. If people want to beat the same horse until it becomes a fly ridden zombie they are within their rights. Insofar as they aren't being abusive or cynically unfair, who am I to deny them their strangely necrotic joy? I guess my point is, if you feel a discussion has become a dead letter, stop participating and leave it to those who prefer asbestos underoos.

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR DEFINITION OF A REAR VIEW MIRROR! ALSO THE USE OF A HYPHEN! I DEMAND YOU DEBATE ME FOREVER!

On 11/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, penpenpen said:

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR DEFINITION OF A REAR VIEW MIRROR! ALSO THE USE OF A HYPHEN! I DEMAND YOU DEBATE ME FOREVER!

There are not enough bold words and no italic either!? SHAME. SHAME. SHAME!

On 10/29/2019 at 11:53 AM, Varlie said:

...then a month of arguing

You pretty much just described any thread where someone disagrees with what TG perceives and immutable laws of the universe (something which happens quite often around here...). Sometimes I think Obtuse is his middle name.