Best Strategy to Fight Grand Admiral Thrawn?

By ArcticJedi, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

So me and my friends have been playing some casual four player skirmish(Hombrew) mission(we only have two copies of the Core set and a few ally and Villain packs), Special rules are thus: Droids can't bleed, Vps don't count toward Victory, you just have to be the last person standing. One of these friends of mine is using a team I made and painted for him, one of them printed out a team from the IA Wiki, and one is using a team including Thrawn, Hondo, The Royal Guard Champion, and two squads of storm troopers, and I am using a Force user Squad using Luke(jedi Knight) With Motivation, Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, and Ezra Bridger, and Rebel High Command, Doubt, Balance of the Force. Any Tips for how to take down Thrawn?

Edit: I also Forgot to mention, running out of command cards doesn't end your game.

Edited by ArcticJedi

Squads that have nothing but melee users are going to struggle in general. Also you only have 4 figures in your list, and they're all melee. Having a more balanced list will probably help you a lot. Your opponent has 9 figures by comparison and they can all pick you off at range.

My advice would be to choose 2 of those Jedi you want to play with and then squeeze in as many good ranged figures into the list as you can. Look at figures like Sabine, CT-1701, Drokkatta, Farmboy Luke and Echo Base Troopers. Also wouldn't hurt to include Gideon and C-3PO in your list to keep your figures continuously focused each round. Have your Jedi focus on taking out the big targets like RGC and Thrawn while your ranged figures can assist with the big targets or pick off the little stormtroopers.

I'll consider that, I haven't tested this list against anyone yet, My friend who is playing with Thrawn is the only one who has tested his team, everyone else has made a new team since we last played. If my team does as poorly as it might, I'll give it more balance. But thanks for giving me a chip of advice, it's much appreciated. I have four extra points after my four Jedi, so I might add Gideon in and switch out High Command and Doubt. Either that or Mak.