Star Wars Armada Subjugator-class heavy cruiser (The Malevolence).

By jhh3, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

When I heard that the clone wars was coming to armada the first thing I thought was the Malevolence.

I loved this thing in the clone wars that it was a really cool ship and a dangerous one for it’s enemies.

So I started thinking about it in armada and what it could do, and that is what I want to talk about and hear what others think about it.

COMPARISON

Executor Malevolence MC80

Length: 19,000 meters 4,800 meters 1,300 meters

Seed: 62.1371mph 652.4398mph 605.837mph

Armament: Turbolasers(5,000) Mega-ion cannon(2) Turbolaser batteries(29)

Ion cannons Point-defense laser cannons(5) Ion cannon batteries(36)

Concussion missile tubes Duel turbolasers(500) Tractor beam projectors(6)

Complement: Over 1,000 ships About 200 droid fighters 10 squadrons

So in the clone wars the Malevolence has two ion mega ion cannons on either side that disables all power including engines, shields, all weapon systems, and one fire from the side can take out 2-3 ships. Then it open fires obliterating all the ships.

Will and how is ffg going to simulate this? When I was thinking how it would work in game I thought maybe it would be an upgrade that on this ship can use and it when fire would exhaust all defense tokens, put your speed to 0, make all of your shields go to 0, and then can open fire once. If ffg does anything I just said this is the worst and best ship depending if your the one running it or if the other person is running it. Very interesting to see what ffg does with this. Let me know what you guys think about this.

Well, I figure it would be a Huge Ship, which is possible, and you wouldnt need it to be anywhere near the size of the SSD. It could be just 2 large bases with either no gap or a very small gap as well. No reason all huge ships have to have the same gap size. Then, we already see they are testing special firing arcs with the Onager, so it will likely have something very similar for the Mal. So, in theory at least, it could shut down a number of ships, but for Armada, due to its size and likely high point cost; you would really only have that and what, maybe two smaller ships? I think a once per game shut down could be interesting and fine, because you could work around it. Any more than once though. Would shut you down so hard.

19 hours ago, Ling27 said:

Well, I figure it would be a Huge Ship, which is possible, and you wouldnt need it to be anywhere near the size of the SSD. It could be just 2 large bases with either no gap or a very small gap as well. No reason all huge ships have to have the same gap size. Then, we already see they are testing special firing arcs with the Onager, so it will likely have something very similar for the Mal. So, in theory at least, it could shut down a number of ships, but for Armada, due to its size and likely high point cost; you would really only have that and what, maybe two smaller ships? I think a once per game shut down could be interesting and fine, because you could work around it. Any more than once though. Would shut you down so hard.

In clone wars they took out the jest one of the cannons and when they took out the one it took out both soo maybe it could be were the cannon has its own health value lower then the actual ship. I’m guessing if they do this it will be a upgrade card only for this ship soo you can run the ship for cheaper.

Edited by jhh3
Fixing

An upgrade that switches off once that piece of hull takes damage.