Where are my Solo Players at?

By i_has_a_flavour, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

How many people are still playing the game solo? Whether through the app or one of the many variants out there?

I don’t exclusively play solo, but I do wind up playing it a lot. I use the app, often the Delve.

Solo is my least preferred way to play Descent (my favorite is 4 heroes vs OL) but it’s a ton of fun.

I never play solo, I'm boring so much that I cheat ... The app is too much of "rush, fight, rush, and fight again"

But I often play 1vs1 with 4 heroes, the best way to play the game I think.

1 minute ago, rugal said:

I never play solo, I'm boring so much that I cheat ... The app is too much of "rush, fight, rush, and fight again"

But I often play 1vs1 with 4 heroes, the best way to play the game I think.

You're so boring you cheat? lol, what?

When I play alone, I don't respect rules, I oftenly reroll the X, place monsters as I wish, etc ... since no one looks at me, and there is no fun from other player, finnaly, I don't see the point to play

19 hours ago, rugal said:

When I play alone, I don't respect rules, I oftenly reroll the X, place monsters as I wish, etc ... since no one looks at me, and there is no fun from other player, finnaly, I don't see the point to play

Yeah, that sounds awful. If you can't respect the rules when playing solo, why are you even playing?

29 minutes ago, i_has_a_flavour said:

Yeah, that sounds awful. If you can't respect the rules when playing solo, why are you even playing?

I tried sometimes because my friends aren't avalaible as often I as wish, but I stopped, I rather play a video game

I get the dice temptation. X’s are random, but I swear I roll more X’s than the monsters when playing against the app.

I once rolled 3 or 4 X’s in a row with Trenloe (In a quest that was full of bad luck for me) so while I try to be as honest as possible while playing solo, I’m guilty of rerolling a few* dice.

Playing with 2 or more is a different story, though. What ya roll is what ya get.

*more than a few

Edited by Lightningclaw
On 9/18/2019 at 10:52 AM, Lightningclaw said:

I get the dice temptation. X’s are random, but I swear I roll more X’s than the monsters when playing against the app.

I once rolled 3 or 4 X’s in a row with Trenloe (In a quest that was full of bad luck for me) so while I try to be as honest as possible while playing solo, I’m guilty of rerolling a few* dice.

Playing with 2 or more is a different story, though. What ya roll is what ya get.

*more than a few

Image result for lego batman first time gif

I play solo, or with my buddy. Just started Nerekhall on Hard last night, such a good campaign. Using:

Reynhart as Knight

Valadir as Avenger/Bard

Leoric as Elementalist

Avric as Disciple

Had a BIG slip up that I didn't remember from our normal run last year, but won it by a hair. First shop was 2 Leather Armors and Iron Shield so my party is super tanky with 2 healers :)

I play solo using the Automated Overlord. Works great. I think having each side take their turns in completion helps with solo, instead of going back and forth during each turn.

I sometimes play solo playing the Overlord with "automated" heroes